Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey/Hello. Maybe I am overthinking this but I was curious what you guys suggest for air filters.

I just got an oil change and the garage showed me the air filters (both) and offered to sell/install new ones.

Knowing that they are easy to replace and install, I said, "No. I'll get new ones, thanks."

I was considering Carquest ones which are supposedly made by Wix. Wix has good ones, right?

Another auto store has Wix (exact brand) for $30 and $35.

The Carquest ones have the exact same Wix model numbers but both are way cheaper. Approximately $20 for both.

That auto store told me they are Wix but they are put in Carquest branding (Carquest boxes)?

Thoughts? Locally, there's mostly Fram around here but I read their air filters aren't as good as alternatives. I also have a Napa store in my city but I think Wix makes theirs too?

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
They're all going to be pretty good, Purolator, Wix, Fram, etc.....whatever you decide is going to be better than your old dirty one.
I like the Purolator stuff when it comes to air filters, but it really doesn't matter.

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
120 Posts
I've had good service from Purolator and NAPA. But as 2Accordz says, they're all going to be pretty decent and better than the old, dirty one.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I get the $5 cabin filters off Amazon. Engine air filters are all good.

Reactions: KW2004Accord

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Same here, look on Amazon, like motor oil it isn't so much as the brand as it is keeping them changed.

·
07V6 EX-L Chicago
1,198 Posts
Thoughts? Locally, there's mostly Fram around here but I read their air filters aren't as good as alternatives. I also have a Napa store in my city but I think Wix makes theirs too?
No need to over think about air filters. There are people here uses K&N, which is about the worst in terms of filtering air particles, but no problems at all in 100s K miles. Anything on the market will beat that.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use Denso air filter. I guess Denso cabin air filter will work well. I use TYC carbon cabin air filter, but I have to trim it a little bit for it to fit.

Denso is a major manufacturer for OEM parts.

RockAuto will have better pricing than local stores.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I agree with everyone. Shop online and save a few bucks. Take advantage of free shipping when possible.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,095 Posts
I'm lazy. I let a Mobil 1 oil change location replace either or both when they look bad.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
OEM only. I get them from eBay and somewhat reasonably priced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts