Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2010 Accord EX-L v6 coupe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are Gen7 Accords prone to fit and finish issues causing ever increasing "speaks and rattles"? I've had mine for five months and something new crops up every time I drive it. I did the thing with the Shin-Etzu grease for the door seals and that helped one rattle but it's been downhill since then. I have really acute hearing and these kinds of things drive me crazy. It's a shame as this car is almost showroom condition. Barely a chip or scratch anywhere. At this point, I'm looking to sell or trade but I'm losing big dough on trading (something like $5000). If I were to trade up, are the Gen8 or Gen9's any better with fit and finish issues?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I get annoyed as well but it's an eight years' old car and not a Benz... What do you expect? V6's tires don't really help with dampening either. Find some music you like.

·
I detail my car, a lot.
783 Posts
Interesting, I've been very impressed with the fit & finish of my 07 EX-L. I only get a sporadic rattle that comes from items in the glovebox, open it up, rearrange and good to go. I would recommend, like others to listen to music a little louder. Or if it really bothers you and you want to keep the car for a while, then look into having someone, or DIY, Dynomat'ing the whole car. It will 1. reduce road noise and 2. the added weight on the panels will help prevent rattles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Honda is not a silent car. Getting new gen will not necessarily help - just take a look at the 9th gen forum - not to mention the CVT noises and vibrations. You could start by checking the following: glove box, tweeter covers, seats' side covers and back adjustment levelers. I think in my case there is also something fallen behind the passenger's door cover.

·
Roll Tide!
7,678 Posts
I don't really appreciate the sarcasm.
I don't appreciate thin-skinned people but I have learned to deal with the fact this isn't a perfect world.

Lighten-up, Francis. It's the internet so you CAN turn it off.

Good luck with your Honda. :angel

Honda is not a silent car.
That's for damn sure. Loudest car I have ever had....but I put up with it because the reliability and cost to own are must better than a Saturn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts