Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Roll Tide!
6,795 Posts
LOL, the problem is not the chain, the problem is the care. A belt will let you down faster than a chain.
I almost LOL'd with you, until I remembered that this "theory" sounds good in theory. However, that sure isn't the case with DA members' experience with their own 7G Accords. Maybe we need a poll of 7G owners that have actually been let down fast by a chain or belt?!?!? :crying

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've decided to just drop the 176K engine in an get rid of it! Will look for a Toyota Camry instead.

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
830 Posts
I would scap that 26k engine altogether. If the 176k engine is in good shape, just do as you have planned with the new chain, and gaskets. Use new plugs too. It has a 6 month warranty and that's a good start. Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: drgrein

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you

Thank you everyone for your input. Your many suggestions and comments were/are very helpful. I have posted this on a number of Honda forums and this is by far the best forum of them all! All the other forums had plenty of lookers, but no one with the moxie to reply.:| I hope to be up and running by Saturday and will let you know the results.:smile

Thanks again,
Dave

21 - 24 of 24 Posts