Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2007 Honda Accord LX V6 with about 192,000 miles. I was having problems with the car's ac for a couple of seasons. Over time, I wasn't getting any cold air in the cabin. I had the ac compressor and the expansion valve replaced spring 2022 and the ac system recharged and brought to the correct level (by two different mechanics). I changed the blend door actuator myself. The heat works. I did the hvac diagnostic and it did not produce any codes. A mechanic ran a uv leak test and no leaks were found. I replaced the cabin air filter myself. My ac is not dual climate control.

So even with this work complete, the ac still only seems to work with fan on a low setting (the hot/cold dial set to max cold and the fan at only one of the low settings), otherwise no cold air. More cool air comes from the passenger side, but I have had the refrigerant level checked twice, so I don't think it is a low refrigerant issue. So the ac is technically working, not well at all.

I think the main parts of a car's hvac are the compressor, condenser, expansion valve, evaporator, receiver-dryer and refrigerant. So I figure it's got to be one of those parts, and the compressor and expansion valve are new, the refrigerant level has been checked. No one has identified a problem with the condenser. The only other part i can think of that may need to be replaced is the evaporator. Does this sound right to you? Replacing the evaporator looks beyond my skill level, so I would have someone else do it. I think the compressor was shot, so replacing it was not a waste, but I just hope that replacing the evaporator completely fixes the ac problem.

Any ideas?

· Registered
129 Posts
are you sure the blend door actuator motor is working correctly? i replaced mine also and the replacement motor linkage came off the tang so it wasnt adjusting the air temperature. if thats ok you have to put gauges on the ac system and check the pressures to be sure they are ok.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Neil. Thank you for your reply. I checked the blend door actuator motor and it appears to be working correctly. I think the motor linkage is connected to the tang. Two different mechanics have tested the high and low pressures on the ac system and the pressure levels were correct. So the only thing I can think of is that the problem is with the evaporator. I am confused as to why the ac when turned on will produce some cooling if the fan is set to low but will not produce any cooling is the fan setting is anything but low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts