Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Honda accord Vp and I need new tires. I live in Michigan and I drive mostly highway. I'm looking for good tires, money isn't an issue for the tires, i just need something that is very quiet and handles good. Accords have a lot of road noise and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion on good tires to look at my tire size is 195/65R15

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
Fulfill your destiny, young Skywalker!

Go to TireRack.com and read hundreds of reviews based on tire model, car model, size, and/or driving style. Just like the commercial!

Abandon ignorance all ye who enter there....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just had my wheels alignment done, if i replace my tires in a month or 2 do i need to do another alignment?

·
khol
106 Posts
What ever you get stay away for cheap Chinese tires. My '07 SE has a brand call Rotalla in the front and one call Vitron in the back. Both are not very good but Rotalla are worst. They work great when you are driving strait at a constant speed. But they love to give out on turns and when you acclerate. They are particullary dangerous during wet wheather as they cause you to skid out....

They are very noise too. I cannot wait to replace them. Just do your research and be careful as to what you buy. Tires are definately not something to skimp on. You might save a $200 with cheap tires but is that worth the risk of putting you life and the lives of others in danger?

·
4,637 Posts
Yes, avoid the el-cheapo tires. Consider it cheap insurance getting some decent rubber on the car.

Check out www.discounttiredirect.com and I recommend the Cooper CS4's. Should be a nice rebate going on till mid to late November. Probably get 4 installed for $400 or so. :thmsup:

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
How'd I know Satin would say some CS4's? :D

My Impala will need two need tires next spring for summer. I may have to check out some CS4's.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,686 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to think people were crazy for putting Michelin tires on their cars. I always went with Kumho, Hankook or Bridgestone which are not actually bad tires. Once I bought a car that already had Michelin tires installed I then understood.

·
No lifetime fluids!
1,019 Posts
I used to think people were crazy for putting Michelin tires on their cars. I always went with Kumho, Hankook or Bridgestone which are not actually bad tires. Once I bought a car that already had Michelin tires installed I then understood.
:yes:

Michelin tires have always corrected ride issues with cars I have owned. I get a chuckle when tire shops, experts or magazines make a big stink about how the OE tire is meant to compliment your car and all this mumbo jumbo.

Sure, some OE tires are great on cars, but you got to be kidding me by saying that the Dunlop SP Sport 7000 A/S was the best choice for my Accord just 'cause it was OE. Those tires were a pile of crap.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,686 Posts
same goes with the bridgestone potenzas back in the day as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like my Michelin Primacy MXV4's, but there are many other choices out there. That's the beauty of the Tire Rack website-it's probably the best tire research tool on the Internet-besides searching on Bing or Google! And, as I have found out, that like many other purchases in life, when you buy tires you don't want to go cheap and you get what you pay for. So cheap tires may seem like a better value in the short run, but when you factor in performance, treadwear, etc., with tires, you most defintely get what you pay for!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts