Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bough a sweet 07 Honda Accord EX-L. I love the drive, but when I went through a car wash the other day, water literally poured into the back seat. My passenger side rear door or window is leaking terribly. I am not sure if it is the seal or what. If anybody has any pointers on what the problem is and any DIY to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and yes I did have the windows rolled all the way up.

·
Carpe Diem
2,565 Posts
Visually inspect the rubber seal around the door. If you don't see anything wrong with the door seal, have someone sit in the backseat and use a garden hose to spray a little bit of water around the door to figure out where the leak is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the car wash, I did a visual inspection and I didn't see any holes or gaps. I ran my fingers over the seal and could possibly have felt some bumps or "air holes." I'll have to try the garden hose trick next. From what I could see it was around the 3/4 mark close to the bar in the window. The more that poured the more it started to come in from across the whole seal. I did go through another car wash again this weekend (I like a good clean car), and still had the same problem but didn't ride in it this time so I'm not sure where the link was. Positive thing is there wasn't that big of a puddle this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts