• 2007 V6 Non-Navi Sedan

Votes: 8 34.8%
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

One of my family members is thinking what should he buy.

Coupe: Has around 65,000 miles. Automatic Transmission. Navigation, Voice, Back-up Camera and Read trunk spoiler. Carfax says minor damage instead of accident. 2 previous owners. $11,900

Sedan: Has around 83,000 miles. Automatic Transmission. Clean Autocheck. 2 previous owners. $11,500

I told him to go for the coupe if both drive equally good and if both have the same quality paint finish. Any suggestions?

Thank you all in advance.

Not sure if it is bad manners for me to vote on my own poll, but I did. And Coupe it is for me.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
Cars go wrecked/damaged everyday without being reported. Honestly, I would tell him to contact the owner and get the truth about what the damage was - or pay for the full Carfax report - it truthfully may be something minor (little fender bender that was fixed by a reputable body shop with all OEM parts - if that's the case, who cares?) These cars are now 7-11 years old...we can't expect them to be perfect

I am a little biased to the coupes, but financially speaking...the coupe has 20k less miles for $400 more...and is fully loaded :dunno: That's a no brainer to me lol

He can also use the minor damage as a bargaining tool and maybe even get the price down below the Sedan's - now that would be a deal.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,677 Posts
I will never have another two door car, but that's just me. Well, maybe if it's a 911.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
lol I've owned four sedans and two coupes - I guess which one I go with just depends on the make/model - but I have pros/cons for both as with anything. It's usually just me 90% of the time and when we do have a group of friends going some place we usually take someone's SUV for the most amount of space for 5-6 adults

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Another question to take into consideration is the kind of driving he wants? 2 door fun, or 4 door fun/family car?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question to take into consideration is the kind of driving he wants? 2 door fun, or 4 door fun/family car? Are they v6 or i4?
Both are V6. It's in the poll.

·
khol
106 Posts
Get insurance quotes from the insurance company and see how much more the coupe is to insure.

Also as nice as a navigation system might seem remember the maps are probably at least a decade old and as a result it may not be very useful.

How long does he plan on driving the car? If he will only drive it for a few years then the mileage does not matter too much whereas if he wants to drive it until it dies he might want the lower mileage.

I think personally I would go for the sedan because of the lower insurance rates and more versatility. Just last Sunday a friend and I spent about ten minutes trying to get large dog kennel into her coupe we eventually got it though!

I think that which ever car your friend ends up with he will be happy. Also he needs to see how much he can negotiate the price down.

Do you have the online listing links?

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
829 Posts
Id have to say neither.

Both are automatic. In my opinion they are ticking time bombs. Everyone on this forum is worried about their auto transmissions. It's such a shame because otherwise these are PERFECT cars. If he must get an auto, I'd try to find a 4cyl EX-L.

It's pretty hard to find a car that hasn't been in an accident, so def stay away from those. Get one that has 1 or 2 previous owners with no accidents. Check the paint work for any resprays.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get insurance quotes from the insurance company and see how much more the coupe is to insure.

Also as nice as a navigation system might seem remember the maps are probably at least a decade old and as a result it may not be very useful.

How long does he plan on driving the car? If he will only drive it for a few years then the mileage does not matter too much whereas if he wants to drive it until it dies he might want the lower mileage.

I think personally I would go for the sedan because of the lower insurance rates and more versatility. Just last Sunday a friend and I spent about ten minutes trying to get large dog kennel into her coupe we eventually got it though!

I think that which ever car your friend ends up with he will be happy. Also he needs to see how much he can negotiate the price down.

Do you have the online listing links?
I don't have the links. I'll accompany him tomorrow to see both of them. Thanks for the points on insurance.

·
Roll Tide!
6,794 Posts
Not sure if it is bad manners for me to vote on my own poll, but I did. And Coupe it is for me.
Not bad manners, but it definitely goes to show you've already made up you mind and therefore wasted DA's servers space by posting this. :lmao:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Id have to say neither.

Both are automatic. In my opinion they are ticking time bombs. Everyone on this forum is worried about their auto transmissions. It's such a shame because otherwise these are PERFECT cars. If he must get an auto, I'd try to find a 4cyl EX-L.

It's pretty hard to find a car that hasn't been in an accident, so def stay away from those. Get one that has 1 or 2 previous owners with no accidents. Check the paint work for any resprays.
But the V6 is just an awesome beast. Can't advise him to stay away from V6. He doesn't like manual.

Not bad manners, but it definitely goes to show you've already made up you mind and therefore wasted DA's servers space by posting this. :lmao:
lol. I made up my mind. But don't know what he decides tomorrow.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Id have to say neither.

:thmsup: This. x11tty.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another question to take into consideration is the kind of driving he wants? 2 door fun, or 4 door fun/family car? Are they v6 or i4?
I think his wife doesn't like the Coupe (practicality issues).

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! It's a tie so far. 3-3. Come on folks, please vote as much as you can tonight. We are going to see the cars tomorrow.

Us '07 guys aren't worried. I think you get us confused with the '03-'05 guys.:yes:
That's a good one. I checked on carcomplaints.com and realized that 07 is a clean car with minimal transmission issues.

·
<= Jeep differential LOL.
838 Posts
Tell him to get a real car and buy an IS-300. 4 doors, RWD, and plenty of sport for the money.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tell him to get a real car and buy an IS-300. 4 doors, RWD, and plenty of sport for the money.
He doesn't have that money.

·
03-SSM-AV6-6MT
829 Posts
But the V6 is just an awesome beast. Can't advise him to stay away from V6. He doesn't like manual.
You should at least educate him on the severity of the transmission issues, so he will have money set aside to replace it in the near future.

Even if he doesn't I'm sure it will need the 3x3 drain and fill, the filter change, and probably the 3rd and 4th gear solenoid replacement.

Us '07 guys aren't worried. I think you get us confused with the '03-'05 guys.:yes:
They still fail, just not as much. Also 06-07 less were produced, so you just don't hear about it as often.

It's just something to consider when paying $12k for a car that you may have to drop $5k into.

Honda has scarred me for like with their automatics. It's just my opinion.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should at least educate him on the severity of the transmission issues, so he will have money set aside to replace it in the near future.

Even if he doesn't I'm sure it will need the 3x3 drain and fill, the filter change, and probably the 3rd and 4th gear solenoid replacement.
Sure enough, I already told him the maintenance that he needs to do once he buys V6 Accord with AT.

Who knows may be if I like one, I may change my ride too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts