Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2008 (8th generation) Accord that I need to replace the drivers side window. Usually I can find videos on Youtube/online and I'm not coming up with anything. If anyone has a link or can explain how I can do this without busting a bunch of clips ripping off my door panel. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
Hello! I have a 2008 (8th generation) Accord that I need to replace the drivers side window. Usually I can find videos on Youtube/online and I'm not coming up with anything. If anyone has a link or can explain how I can do this without busting a bunch of clips ripping off my door panel. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
Nope. Door panel definitely has to come off. I'm not sure if glass replacement places (like Safelite) would do that, although I see no reason why not, BUT... definitely look into that. Or a body shop.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i haven't replaced a window on an accord specifically but i have on other doors, generally, the door panel will need to come off and it's not always in one piece. you'll have to disconnect the wiring for the locks and windows as well. you'll need to disconnect that window from the motor which may be held in by rivets that you'll have to drill out, then replace the rivets afterwards. to get to the motor assembly, you may have to move the locking mechanisms out of the door to get them out of the way so you can slide the window out of the top after removing all the weather seal.

Honestly, if you have never done one and this is your first time, i would take it to a body shop. it's easier to take the door off the hinge and lay it on a stand. it's not a job for a hobbyist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts