Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm new here;having this problem for a while
The low pressure warning light won't turn off even tho I have inflated all tires at the wright pressure and drove the car for two weeks already
thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Few questions.
Is it the Low Air Pressure Light? Yellow Light with a flat tire picture and a (!) in the center.
Is the light always on or blinking?

After inflating to the door jamb psi it should reset itself after 20mph is hit.

If the light says TPMS it'll be a different issue than tire pressure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it is just the low tire pressure light and not the TPMS light, make sure the tires are cold when you inflate and measure the pressure. Otherwise, your observed pressure will be skewed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it's only the warning light and I inflated the tires at the 32 psi all 4 of them and drove the car for 400 miles already and still on ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had to fill them to 40 or so in the past to get the light to go out. When the light goes out, then you can adjust pressure closer to 32.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had to fill them to 40 or so in the past to get the light to go out. When the light goes out, then you can adjust pressure closer to 32.
Just tried that but it came back on after a couple miles
Is there a way i can manually reset it or if the TPMS is defective what do I need to do?
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you overfill them and then drive for a bit...or did you pull pressure out right after the light went off? The way it is supposed to work is this: The light comes on when any 1 of the tires drops 20% below recommended pressure (32psi). When sufficient pressure is added to make up for the loss, the light is *supposed* to go out as soon as the vehicle's speed exceeds 20 mph. I can tell you from personal experience, the light does not always go out like it's supposed to.

Anyway, the last time I had the light come on, I literally drove it to the gas station...filled each tire to 40psi. Then I drove it for the 2-3 couple days. Finally, the light went out. The next morning, knowing that the tires had sat all night and were cold, I decreased pressure in all the tires - until each was just above 32. The light hasn't been on since.

To my knowledge, there is no other way to "manually" reset the indicator. I'd bet there's a way to reset it with a scan tool. If your light refuses to go out, on a more permanent basis and / or if the TPMS light comes on...might be time for a trip to the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts