Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought this caliper rebuild kit:

If you look at the picture, it comes with 3 different greases. One clear, one pink, and one orange. On the Honda repair manual it says to use Honda Silicone Grease P/N 08C30-B0234M on the piston seal, piston boot and pin boot. So I guess one of the 3 greases is the silicone grease. Which one? And what are the use of the other 2?!

Font Material property Rectangle Circle Fashion accessory

·
Turbo lag
2,039 Posts
The orange grease bag says where it's suppose to be applied. It looks like there's also a paper instruction?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The orange grease bag says where it's suppose to be applied. It looks like there's also a paper instruction?
I'm an idiot. I saw only one side in Japanese and didn't look on the other side.

Orange: NIGLUBE RM Location: Pin Moving Portion
Pink: Cosmo Rubber Grease Location: Dust cover of the caliper, cup of master cylinder
Clear: KS-62M This one doesn't say what it is, but a Google search took me to a site that says it is a heat-resistant oil compound. (Shin-Etsu Silicone : Greases and oil compounds) So I don't know what am I supposed to use it for.

The paper is not instructions. It is a warning in 38 languages about the Cosmo rubber grease. It says that it causes serious eye irritation and is harmful to aquatic life.

So just to summarize what I know so far:

• Use the orange grease to coat the slide pins.
  • Use the pink one in the piston boot and the slide pins boot.
  • Unclear on what to use the clear one for.

·
Turbo lag
2,039 Posts
Take a look at this, might help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Of the 3 places the Honda repair manual says to lubricate you've found out what to use for 2 of them. Only one left is piston seal. Since they've supplied 3 lubricants it must be one per location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts