+ 1 for 2012.

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts

·
Low Gear
2,934 Posts
I like my 2010 "better."

But the question is which car to buy, the newer one is always a better choice (at the same price), unless there is something wrong with it like a ding, or needs work.

On a used car, I think people value more on condition vs mileage. Not talking about wide gap between mileage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another +1 for 2012.

And I respectfully disagree with @Jay1. My 4-banger has plenty of get-up-and-go.

·
Registered
100 Posts
definately does not. it is the slowest accord ever made. way too heavy with no power. ive had the car for 7 years
Then we're not comparing apples to apples. Your 2008 model with X number of miles may not have the same pep as my 2012 with 22k miles.

·
Day Walker
39 Posts
Another +1 for 2012.

And I respectfully disagree with @Jay1. My 4-banger has plenty of get-up-and-go.
I agree, nothing wrong with the 4 banger.. It's not a drag car, I bought it for efficiency and it has not been a let down in that regard. it has decent pep and you can pass on the motor way if needed.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,885 Posts
All Subjective

Depends what your priorities are. As was said, for practical reasons the 2012 is the better choice. For 'practical' power and fun, V6. 'Practical' because the V6 is a reliable engine. Either car will hold its relative value, trust me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2008 Accord EX-L and don't have oil consumption problems. I also don't have a VTC issue or a rear brake pad issue either. In fact the only issue I do have is the bubbling center armrest which I'm going to fix soon.

Based on these two cars go for the cleanest one with the lowest mileage and best price. However, I wouldn't buy an Accord trim level other than EX-L because I like my sunroof, Bluetooth, XM radio, and dual zone climate control. If none of those matter to you it's a moot point but I wouldn't buy a car without those features.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts