·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2015 EXVL Coupe w/Navi
320 Posts
I don't have an answer but didn't realize there were two suppliers. Might explain why I test drove a 2009 with soft supple leather and mine is thick and hard.

-Eric

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an answer but didn't realize there were two suppliers. Might explain why I test drove a 2009 with soft supple leather and mine is thick and hard.

-Eric
I have the soft leather which might explain why i have a tear...funny thing is the lady I purchased the car from was so easy on this car and the drivers seat is fine but the passenger seat has the issue!..

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
I think I narrowed it down tonight and had to learn a little bit about the Honda part numbering system.
Here are two pictures of the drivers and passengers seats. I found these tags on the back of the seat at the bottom. Had to pull up the rear flap to access the tags.

The seat cushion I need is for the passenger front seat and The two part numbers below are from two different manufacturers. I need to select the correct one to get the correct color etc.

They are
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~cover~81131-ta6-a71zc.html?Make=Honda&Model=Accord&Year=2008&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4%2c634;et=2%2c7)&Location=front-seat-passenger-side,2524444,6

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~cover~81131-ta5-a72zc.html?Make=Honda&Model=Accord&Year=2008&Submodel=&Filter=(bt=4%2c634;et=2%2c7)&Location=front-seat-passenger-side,2524444,6

I think the correct part is the first link because it ends with the -A71 part number vs the second link with ends with -A72. The pics showing the tags end with -A71 and this section of the part number is supposedly the manufacturer.
The A stands for North America...J stands for Japan.

The complete number looks like this, xxxxx-xxx-A71xx
Or in my case, 81131-TA6-A71ZC
The first part, 81131 refers to the front passenger seat, broken down more, I believe the 81 means seat.

TA6 has to do with the model car. I know the TA means Accord sedan, the 6 has something to do with the year or years. But not 1996 or 2006 etc. TE would mean Accord Coupe

The last part -A71ZC, the ZC is the color and if it is painted, no letter at the end mean no paint.

I know I could be off on some of this but just sharing what I have read.
And knowing most could care less but it may help someone down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Interesting that the seat covers are different prices. Just $10 but still odd. Headrests are $70 though!

Also I see that the coupe doesn't have different numbers.

The problem with Honda's part numbers is that as soon as you think it makes sense, it doesn't. When a part is used in another vehicle they keep the same number so things get screwy quick. One more also: C is for Canada. Not where it is made, but for country specific parts even when made in Ohio.

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting that the seat covers are different prices. Just $10 but still odd. Headrests are $70 though!

Also I see that the coupe doesn't have different numbers.

The problem with Honda's part numbers is that as soon as you think it makes sense, it doesn't. When a part is used in another vehicle they keep the same number so things get screwy quick. One more also: C is for Canada. Not where it is made, but for country specific parts even when made in Ohio.
I looked up the same 2008 Accord EX-L V6 in the coupe version and the part numbers are different for the seats.
The seats show xxxxx-TE0-xxxxx, clink link below to see this part number for the coupe...TA0 would be Accord sedan.

Also, where does the C show up in a part number?
xxxxx-xxx-A71xx, the A in this location stands for North America, J would mean Japan.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2008-honda-accord-2dr_exl-v6_navi-ka-6mt/front-seat-passenger-side.html

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you look down on the inside of the seat next to the console, youll see a tag that says TSU if you have that its TS tech, if not its the other manufacturer. From my experience like others have said certain cars have soft leather which ive found to be from TS tech, others have harder leather.

Hope that helps if you have any questions let me know.

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you look down on the inside of the seat next to the console, youll see a tag that says TSU if you have that its TS tech, if not its the other manufacturer. From my experience like others have said certain cars have soft leather which ive found to be from TS tech, others have harder leather.

Hope that helps if you have any questions let me know.
A Huge thanks Biggredd, I have the TS Tech leather and can place my order now!!!

Attachments

Reactions: mvnural

·
Registered
668 Posts
I looked up the same 2008 Accord EX-L V6 in the coupe version and the part numbers are different for the seats.
The seats show xxxxx-TE0-xxxxx, clink link below to see this part number for the coupe...TA0 would be Accord sedan.

Also, where does the C show up in a part number?
xxxxx-xxx-A71xx, the A in this location stands for North America, J would mean Japan.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/2008-honda-accord-2dr_exl-v6_navi-ka-6mt/front-seat-passenger-side.html
What I meant was that the coupe appears to only have a single manufacturer for the seats. There is no choice in part number for a specific color.

The C shows up at the same place as A or J. As an example the Canadian windshield washer sensor is 76835-SHJ-C01 which was then used in the Ridgeline without changing the part number.

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I meant was that the coupe appears to only have a single manufacturer for the seats. There is no choice in part number for a specific color.

The C shows up at the same place as A or J. As an example the Canadian windshield washer sensor is 76835-SHJ-C01 which was then used in the Ridgeline without changing the part number.
I understand now and this information is great to have when searching parts. Most people don't want or need to understand part numbers. I personally like to have a 101 on these types of things.

For those that replied, I thank you! The part has been ordered and it is coming from a dealer out west. The cost was $206 shipped...way too much but, hey, it's Honda!

I also ordered the tools for the job and will snap some before and after pics!

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The new leather seat cushion showed up this week and I changed the leather today!

Attachments

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And the final product!

I hope the color will blend better after I put some conditioner on the leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
And the final product!

I hope the color will blend better after I put some conditioner on the leather.
Good for you for replacing yourself! What tools are needed. I will probably end up replacing my driver side bottom cover at some point during my ownership. I have no special tools currently and no knowledge on how to do this. What steps need to be taken to make sure the air bag does not deploy?

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good for you for replacing yourself! What tools are needed. I will probably end up replacing my driver side bottom cover at some point during my ownership. I have no special tools currently and no knowledge on how to do this. What steps need to be taken to make sure the air bag does not deploy?
Actually, it was not that difficult and it took me about three hours. No special tools are required and no hog rings are used in the seat cushion. I thought I would need hog rings so I did purchase the rings and special pliers.

I do have the electronic maintenance manual and I found it here on this great website and it talks about how to handle the airbag. I just disconnected the battery, then the air bag connector. I did not reconnect the battery until the seat was replaced and all cables reconnected. I did need the Navi and radio codes but I had no SRS errors.

I also watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to replace Honda seat cushion.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Actually, it was not that difficult and it took me about three hours. No special tools are required and no hog rings are used in the seat cushion. I thought I would need hog rings so I did purchase the rings and special pliers.

I do have the electronic maintenance manual and I found it here on this great website and it talks about how to handle the airbag. I just disconnected the battery, then the air bag connector. I did not reconnect the battery until the seat was replaced and all cables reconnected. I did need the Navi and radio codes but I had no SRS errors.

I also watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to replace Honda seat cushion.

Hope this helps.
How is the leather cover held on without hog rings?

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How is the leather cover held on without hog rings?
Instead of hog rings, they use these plastic clips. You just attach them to the built in wire located in the foam cushion.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Could you send me the instructions (or post on this thread) on how to do the job? I would greatly appreciate that!

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could you send me the instructions (or post on this thread) on how to do the job? I would greatly appreciate that!
Sorry Greg, I don't have any...I just used the maintenance manual and YouTube.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry Greg, I don't have any...I just used the maintenance manual and YouTube.
What maintenance manual are you referring too? If you found it on here could you send the link? It would be much appreciated.

·
Cruzing Through Life!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 41 Posts