Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Accord drivers...got a seat warmer question for ya.

Today I was driving and my back was super sore, so I flipped the seat warmer on to HIGH, but only to discover that nothing is happening...I tried both HIGH AND LOW settings, and also tried the passenger seat as well - nothing, no heated seats. Now could this be because our Accords have a temperature sensor that would prevent heated seats from working above a certain outdoor temperature? I dont know, and the manual says nothing regarding this....Can I ask a fellow 2008 accord owner to try it out tonight and post back? thank you all! :banana:

·
14 Lexus ES350
99 Posts
I felt the samething. Although I didn't leave it on long enough to truly test it out. But i did feel a "slight" warmth but that could just be purely psychological. I have 4cyl exl by the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I couldnt tell if i was imagining it or not, but the manual says HIGH setting should provide a quick burst of heat and should not be used for longer than a few moments... I definitely did not experience that!

·
Rule Enforcer
5,933 Posts
It is going to take some time to warm up. I found 5 mins made them nice and toasty. They won't burn you, but maybe you didn't leave them on long enough?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they were on for 10-15min before I realized that something wasn't right. Could someone try this on their 08 car? I'm thinking they are automatically disabled when its warm outside, or maybe I got some defective seats!

·
Super Moderator
2,414 Posts
Honda's seat heaters are temp sensitive which is part of the reason why they will cycle on and off during normal operation. Seat heaters in my A4 and Passat would stay on at one temp. Honda's seat heaters will come up to temp, back off, come up again, etc. . . The warmer it is in the cabin, the less intense they'll be.

This is especially noticable in the winter. I could turn on the seat and within a few minutes I could feel it. It will cycle on and off frequently. When the interior warms up, they'll come on less frequently. If I dropped a window for a few minutes, the seats would react to the cold air and come on again.

I'm sure its partly a safety feature but also, its does feel good. Its easy to get used to a set temp. After awhile you might not notice the seats on. When they cycle on and off, every so often you get that "Mmmm Mmmm - its new all over again" feeling. :D

The 03 - 07 seats were the same way but the 08 seats are def more powerful. I could not feel the seats in my 03 and 06 while wearing a heavy winter coat. I can in the 08 tho I'm glad to report I haven't had to test that scenario too often. I don't miss the snowy PA winters . . .

·
Registered
504 Posts
also, i think the manual said it cycles in the high setting, and switching it to low keeps a constant warmth at a lower temp (been a while though since i rtm)

·
Registered
505 Posts
bump for all the morning commuters...please try the seat heaters ;) thanks!
Seems like the most logical statement in this thread. Do you know how many times I have accidently hit the seat heater on when plugging in the phone charger or gettign change out of the other compartment? Honda was smart and made sure the heat wouldnt turn on with AC on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Seems like the most logical statement in this thread. Do you know how many times I have accidently hit the seat heater on when plugging in the phone charger or gettign change out of the other compartment? Honda was smart and made sure the heat wouldnt turn on with AC on.
I used the seat heater today with the A/C on.

·
14 Lexus ES350
99 Posts
Well the weather is getting cold here in NY. I tried seat warmer in the morning during commute. I noticed that LOW setting barely heats the seats. Only on HI do i notice the difference. Also I can barely feel the back side warming up. Infact, i dont think its working at all. Does anyone else feel this way?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had an '05 Grand Prix GXP prior to my Accord, and the HI setting on that car would just about burn your ass if you weren't wearing any pants. The HI setting on the Accord seems about equal to the LO setting on the Grand Prix.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had an '05 Grand Prix GXP prior to my Accord, and the HI setting on that car would just about burn your ass if you weren't wearing any pants. The HI setting on the Accord seems about equal to the LO setting on the Grand Prix.
Do you typically not wear any pants while driving? :lmao:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
With all the cost cutting, I knew no way in hell Honda would make the system 'smart enough' not to turn on with A/C:lmao:. They turn on with A/C on my brother's $80K Cayenne; don't ask me how I know:D.

Anyway, the reason of my post is to let non-manual-readers know the passenger's backrest does not have a heater; only the cushion. Later.
JC

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
2,322 Posts
:lmao::naughty::D:nuts::biggrin:

His windows must be tinted limo-style.

·
14 Lexus ES350
99 Posts
With all the cost cutting, I knew no way in hell Honda would make the system 'smart enough' not to turn on with A/C:lmao:. They turn on with A/C on my brother's $80K Cayenne; don't ask me how I know:D.

Anyway, the reason of my post is to let non-manual-readers know the passenger's backrest does not have a heater; only the cushion. Later.
JC
Driver's backrest warmer doesn't seem to work for me though. I dont feel anything on my back. Maybe i'll try while being naked.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Driver's backrest warmer doesn't seem to work for me though. I dont feel anything on my back. Maybe i'll try while being naked.
The heater is only in the seat bottom. There is no heater in the back of either seat. It has something to do with the side airbags.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts