Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive posted a coupe posts about the troubles ive had with my system in my 2008 accord coupe ex premium radio system(all original parts). First thought it was the factory radio that went bad and after some feedback from others, I believe it is the amplifier that has gone bad. My question is, what would be the best thing to replace it? Because the price of a factory radio is kinda high im concidering just going all out and upgrading the whole system. I would like to keep the factory radio thought... With that being said I really have no idea where I should start with this process. If anyone can help me out on what my best options would be that would be great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe it is the amplifier that has gone bad. My question is, what would be the best thing to replace it? Because the price of a factory radio is kinda high im concidering just going all out and upgrading the whole system. I would like to keep the factory radio thought...
if it's only your amp that's bad (sounds like it), then you do not need to buy a factory radio. if you actually meant factory amp, then i'm afraid i don't think there's an aftermarket setup that would be cheaper or easier for a self-described "simple college girl" to install herself than getting a working honda amplifier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is a used factory amp on Ebay right now for $179.99 plus $15.00 for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-10-11...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd8708318&vxp=mtr

This is probably the route I would go if I wasn't planning on keeping the car very long.

Now if the car is a long term keeper, I would put a multi-channel after market amplifier in it with some speaker upgrades.

I am kind of curious as to the cause of your malfunction though. Has anyone ever monkeyed around under the dash prior to your stereo issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts