Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2008 honda accord 3.5 EX-L 6sp

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  NailGrease 
#1 ·
Hello mine is 2008 3.5 and I need a transmission.. Can I use a transmission out of a 2013 Accord 3.5 ? Will this trans bolt up and plug in to my car.?? Thank for any help.??

#2 ·
No.

These transmissions were not common failure points so you can likely find a good one at a junkyard.

#4 ·
So you have a 6-6?

Not many people out there wanting to convert a 6-6 to automatic...I think they call that sacrilege.

#8 ·
The 5AT and 6MT use different specifications of the J35 engine (J35Z2 and J35Z3). There have been some posts on here in the past that have addressed different aspects of this attempted swap. I’d recommend using the search function to look up some of those threads. IIRC, you’re going to run into some issues with the wiring harness and ECU - be ready to swap out some stuff beside the transmission itself. Of course, I’ll defer to members on here who have attempted this swap previously.

Edit - I think the path of least resistance will be to rebuild your current transmission, or buy a remanufactured unit. It’ll probably work out to be the cheapest option, in the long run. Just my $0.02.

#9 ·
Alternatively, you could sell it...I'm sure there are plenty here who would buy a 6-6 that needs a transmission.

#12 ·
Even if you could bolt an automatic transmission to your engine, the wire harness, ecu, shifter, instrument panel among other things are incapable of making it work. Best to fix the manual transmission. Sell if you must.

Reactions: WiiMaster
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.