Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what's up. I picked up an 08 accord and want to install aftermarket NAV I hear negative things about the fahrenheit/soundstream/power acoustik headunits and that the calibration fails over time. So I was wondering what the other options were.

I was looking to purchase an android OS headunit but they all say its for the base model radio. Can I still run it with the premium sound if I run it through the AUX input or are the power connectors different?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the rosen navi/dvd system.

It looks almost stock

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have the rosen navi/dvd system.

It looks almost stock
That's cool and all but you can't buy that anymore anywhere so..the xacrd81 units are cheap and have problems in the end from what I hear, but what do you want for $200. I bought one. Android units are more $$. Look on alibaba there are a bunch on there not sure if they are for base model radios only.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's cool and all but you can't buy that anymore anywhere so..the xacrd81 units are cheap and have problems in the end from what I hear, but what do you want for $200. I bought one. Android units are more $$. Look on alibaba there are a bunch on there not sure if they are for base model radios only.
I just wonder if the power connection between the base and premium radio is the same besides the audio. I was going to use the aux output of the new radio to the aux in of the car.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
How's your Nesa unit holding up? I feel like I asked you this months ago lol.

OP, that's a pretty sweet setup!

·
Registered
745 Posts
How's your Nesa unit holding up? I feel like I asked you this months ago lol.

OP, that's a pretty sweet setup!
No problems yet. It's gots it's quarks but nothing major. I would totally buy it again for $200 just to get that oem screen outta there. A few weeks ago I worked late and was able to watch the Warriors game while I was sitting in traffic on the way home, that felt good lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am looking to order the Nesa unit. I noticed it has the option to hook up rca cables to it. I am currently running an aftermarket amp, speakers, and sub with the factory head unit. Can I plug the rca cables to the back of the Nesa unit and still have sound when listening to the radio, cd, and bluetooth functions? Thanks.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I am looking to order the Nesa unit. I noticed it has the option to hook up rca cables to it. I am currently running an aftermarket amp, speakers, and sub with the factory head unit. Can I plug the rca cables to the back of the Nesa unit and still have sound when listening to the radio, cd, and bluetooth functions? Thanks.
Yea it has front and rear pre outs. I didn't use em but I bet you would be fine.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Get a Scosche or Metra dash kit and install any double din unit you want. This option would replace all the OEM stereo buttons and leave the top display blank.

If you want something for just the top screen while keeping the buttons, your options are limited. Other members have already mentioned the ones for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Get a Scosche or Metra dash kit and install any double din unit you want. This option would replace all the OEM stereo buttons and leave the top display blank.

If you want something for just the top screen while keeping the buttons, your options are limited. Other members have already mentioned the ones for that.
Yest but I'm curious what other options are available besides the 81acrd headunits for my my accord with premium sound. I'm really trying to avoid having a dead screen.

Why are some headunits not compatible with the premium sound? Are the connectors the same? Can I run the unit through the AUX connection?

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I have been able to find, the top display would still show climate control, etc. Just no radio/sat/cd info, which should be fine since that would be displayed on your new unit. As for why these units won't work with premium sound, I haven't found that either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts