Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I've seen the video regarding changing the spark plugs and the ignition coil on a seventh generation four cylinder Accord, and it looks pretty straight forward. However, I'm wondering how different it is for the eighth generation V6.

The check engine light came on yesterday while driving (and pulsing while at a red light) and I took it to my neighborhood shop and they said the third ignition coil needed replace because of misfiring and that I needed all six spark plugs replaced (about $450) plus a tune up (another $150).

From what I can tell, I can basically do it myself, but I've found very little literature/video on doing this for the eighth generation V6. Can someone tell me the differences between the two generations and if it's going to be ridiculous to do myself, or should I **** it up and pay to get it done? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thank you. Not too much I can do on a Saturday evening to verify with Honda, but I'll check on it in the coming days!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure enough, my Accord was covered by this. Took it over to the local Honda dealership earlier today and it was taken care of within a few hours. I don't know if they did anything that would prevent this from occurring in the future, or if I'm stuck with potentially needing to use this again in the future...

·
Registered
180 Posts
They should just do a recall and fix them the right way....IMO they are totally circumventing/avoiding the major issue at hand.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Yeah, man ive dealt with this issue twice already. at 50 k and 90k.

i just changed the ONE spark plug, and last time i didnt need to change the ign coil, but this time i did. Ill tell you one thing, i always had a lil oil there, cuz the spark plug tube seal stars leaking.
its costs me 90 for the gasket/spark seal.
and 16 for spake plug
its easy to change to change plugs and coil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts