Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so for my first car my parents gave me the white 2009 Accord LX (20,000 miles) sitting in are driveway. Any tips on what to do with it? I'm definitely putting tints (20 or 30 %). Here's a list of what I want to get.

- CAI (What kind should I get, K&N?)
- Rims (clean look, prefer black (matte), what kind?
- Exhaust (not too high pitched, please) <------- main concern
- What else should I get? (sub?)

So yeah, if you guys could help me find the parts I put down in the list that would be awesome. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so for my first car my parents gave me the white 2009 Accord LX (20,000 miles) sitting in are driveway. Any tips on what to do with it? I'm definitely putting tints (20 or 30 %). Here's a list of what I want to get.

So yeah, if you guys could help me find the parts I put down in the list that would be awesome. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
white 2009 Accord LX

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would do SRI over CAI due to hydrolock issues. Also keep in mind an intake isn't really going to do anything for performance, its all for sound.

Before you do rims I would look into a suspension drop, either coils or springs/shocks. The nicest rims in the world look like crap without the correct ride height.

Check out the rear swaybar upgrade to make stiffen up the rear end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you thought about adding some HID?

·
Michael
2,446 Posts
I don't believe they make a CAI for the LX. Get whatever wheels you think look good. You could pick up mufflers and a heat shield, and have a local shop make it a dual exhaust setup.

·
Registered
152 Posts
if u have to ask what to do to mod ur car,

ur def, not ready to mod on ur car,

if ur parents still pays for ur, don't touch anything until u paid it off ( u not ur parent/s )

research first before asking, everyone already go through everything u asked for

:)

not trying to be a butt, just stating reality check

·
Registered
152 Posts
and lx its the same as the ex/lx-s/lx-p/ex-l/se as long as they're all i4,

so yeah, they do make cai for em :)

·
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK
569 Posts
if u have to ask what to do to mod ur car,

ur def, not ready to mod on ur car,

if ur parents still pays for ur, don't touch anything until u paid it off ( u not ur parent/s )

research first before asking, everyone already go through everything u asked for

:)

not trying to be a butt, just stating reality check
Ah, come on dark knight... hes new to cars in general. While I agree he should do some research before asking such a generic question, but it doesnt mean hes not ready to mod his car. I had my first ride (86 s-10) slammed within a week of purchase. He said hes just been GIVEN a new car by his parents... Im guessing he wont be paying for it with a statement like that. So I say (as long as its cool with his folks) to mod away! Its a way to make his car his own. Plus u gotta fail at some things to learn. & I think we both know that a kid with his first car has no concept of a reality check :lmao:

·
Registered
152 Posts
true... sorry bout the mean comment,

its just u know... LOL

·
Registered
152 Posts
here how bout if i help u out a bit!!

cai/sri : cai is cold air intake, its lower closer to the fender liner, if there is a lot of rain (not reccomended) sri is short ram intake, its closer to the engine so u tend to get more warm/hot air going into the engine, (I have takeda sri) sounds mean and afforable,

rims : if u like the black rims go for it, but i don't cuz u can't barely see the design of it, for me i love to see the design of the rims, that the beauty of it,
i rock on my g35 19" rims rays gunmetal. a lil info 20" would look nice on our big car, 19" looks better but tires are expensive!!! a recommendation is that lower car before rims, so it'll look much better

exhaust : if u wanna get affordable ones magnaflow are very famous idk y? cuz i'm not a fan of em, I have greddy se it has blue tip and sound quiet until its rev, then it does get loud, no rasp, and mean, with combo of sri, tbs, downpipe, and this, it sounds mean

others:

cheapest easiest mods are HID go with the 35w so u don't burn out faster, anything that is higher than 6k will be barely visible during night and rain, i have 12k cuz i love the blue color,

hope that help,
INDO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah, come on dark knight... hes new to cars in general. While I agree he should do some research before asking such a generic question, but it doesnt mean hes not ready to mod his car. I had my first ride (86 s-10) slammed within a week of purchase. He said hes just been GIVEN a new car by his parents... Im guessing he wont be paying for it with a statement like that. So I say (as long as its cool with his folks) to mod away! Its a way to make his car his own. Plus u gotta fail at some things to learn. & I think we both know that a kid with his first car has no concept of a reality check :lmao:
Thanks for the comment. I'm not new to cars, I'm just new to MODDING cars. And yes, the car was given to me by my parents also with insurance and their covering gas. You may think I'm spoiled but trust me I'm not, lol. I live in a neighborhood where all you see are mercs and beemers, haha. My friend has a 911 turbo that was given to him, my other friend has an M3. Oh, and my friend who got his permit got a merc s-class. And all of their cars are new, not pre 2008, hell, they're not even older than the accord my parents gave me. Thanks for backing me up though.

·
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK
569 Posts
Thanks for the comment. I'm not new to cars, I'm just new to MODDING cars. And yes, the car was given to me by my parents also with insurance and their covering gas. You may think I'm spoiled but trust me I'm not, lol. I live in a neighborhood where all you see are mercs and beemers, haha. My friend has a 911 turbo that was given to him, my other friend has an M3. Oh, and my friend who got his permit got a merc s-class. And all of their cars are new, not pre 2008, hell, they're not even older than the accord my parents gave me. Thanks for backing me up though.
no worries... free 911s & m3s? Hey will see if any of your friends parents wanna adopt me... Haha. But seriously, darkknights last comments are good ones. I wish u the best in your modding journey. Always love to see another accord thats not cookie-cutter stock. Be sure to post pics of your progress!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no worries... free 911s & m3s? Hey will see if any of your friends parents wanna adopt me... Haha. But seriously, darkknights last comments are good ones. I wish u the best in your modding journey. Always love to see another accord thats not cookie-cutter stock. Be sure to post pics of your progress!
will do. Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
here how bout if i help u out a bit!!

cai/sri : cai is cold air intake, its lower closer to the fender liner, if there is a lot of rain (not reccomended) sri is short ram intake, its closer to the engine so u tend to get more warm/hot air going into the engine, (I have takeda sri) sounds mean and afforable,

rims : if u like the black rims go for it, but i don't cuz u can't barely see the design of it, for me i love to see the design of the rims, that the beauty of it,
i rock on my g35 19" rims rays gunmetal. a lil info 20" would look nice on our big car, 19" looks better but tires are expensive!!! a recommendation is that lower car before rims, so it'll look much better

exhaust : if u wanna get affordable ones magnaflow are very famous idk y? cuz i'm not a fan of em, I have greddy se it has blue tip and sound quiet until its rev, then it does get loud, no rasp, and mean, with combo of sri, tbs, downpipe, and this, it sounds mean

others:

cheapest easiest mods are HID go with the 35w so u don't burn out faster, anything that is higher than 6k will be barely visible during night and rain, i have 12k cuz i love the blue color,

hope that help,
INDO
Ok so I've done some research. So the difference between a CAI is that it brings more cold dense air to the engine where as the SRI brings more warm/hot air, right? If you have a CAI, then isn't it bad to step on the gas because whenever you start you car (cold start) people always say you have to wait a little for the engine to warm up. Since you have to wait for the engine to warm up, isn't it generally better to have a SRI? Also, I heard SRI's are easier to install (30 min or less). Also, what's a TBS? About the exhaust, I'm just gonna go to my local shop and see what they have. And for the HID's what's the difference between the Raptor Full Sized HID Kit and the DDM HID Kit Slim Ballast? What's better. Btw, thanks for the help.

·
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK
569 Posts
Sri are usually easier to install yes. As for hids, I love my ddm raptors. I dont have,the slim tho, so I cant speak about those really. Thing is there is a lot of room for mounting locations of the regular ballasts, so thats why I went with,them. Btw, if you are going to do an intake, & want & cai, then u might wanna plan to do both at once. This way u can pull your bumper cover off, & mount ballasts & install cai all at once, only taking the cover off once. However this is just an option, as I have my,ballasts mounted under the hood & installed w/o taking my cover off. Also, if ur accord is a sedan, u may wanna rethink hids, unless u get projector housings.

·
2008 NightHawk Coupe. I4
101 Posts
Sri are usually easier to install yes. As for hids, I love my ddm raptors. I dont have,the slim tho, so I cant speak about those really. Thing is there is a lot of room for mounting locations of the regular ballasts, so thats why I went with,them. Btw, if you are going to do an intake, & want & cai, then u might wanna plan to do both at once. This way u can pull your bumper cover off, & mount ballasts & install cai all at once, only taking the cover off once. However this is just an option, as I have my,ballasts mounted under the hood & installed w/o taking my cover off. Also, if ur accord is a sedan, u may wanna rethink hids, unless u get projector housings.
Hey Donny, I got the regular slim hid from ddm and I'm curious what's the different between that and the new rapture that you have?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK
569 Posts
Not really sure on the differences, except im thinking my raptors were cheaper by about $10, & they are physically larger ballasts. bulbs are the same in both kits. Are your slim ballasts made of metal or plasric housings? Heres a pic of one of my ballasts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok so I've done some research. So the difference between a CAI is that it brings more cold dense air to the engine where as the SRI brings more warm/hot air, right? If you have a CAI, then isn't it bad to step on the gas because whenever you start you car (cold start) people always say you have to wait a little for the engine to warm up. Since you have to wait for the engine to warm up, isn't it generally better to have a SRI? Also, I heard SRI's are easier to install (30 min or less).
Always let your engine warm up before driving hard and hitting higher revs. A CAI brings in slighty cooler air which combusts better and therefore gives you more power. The engine block itself is still going to heat up at the same rate so a CAI wont change that. Neither a CAI nor SRI is going to give you any real power increase though its mainly for better sound so i would just stick with a Takeda SRI because its the cheapest and easy to install.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts