Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that it's too early right now, but who here is aiming to join the 200K miles club with their 9th gen Accord?
Personally, I am thinking about selling my 2014 Accord Sport (Manual) @ 8 years or 125K (Whichever comes first). However, if the car holds well, I just might go for it :yes:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm planning on it. I drive 30-40k a year so it won't take long to hit it

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know that it's too early right now, but who here is aiming to join the 200K miles club with their 9th gen Accord?
Personally, I am thinking about selling my 2014 Accord Sport (Manual) @ 8 years or 125K (Whichever comes first). However, if the car holds well, I just might go for it :yes:
Not me. At the rate I drive, it would take me about 40 years to hit. :lmao:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
My 2000 Accord coupe, which I drove exclusively since new, only has 160,000 miles in 14 years. If I drive my 9th generation the same way I will be 80 when it turns that many miles. I estimate 17 years to get to 200,000. I'm planning on going more than 80 years and hopefully I won't have to buy a new car.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Hopefully my CVT holds beyond 100k miles.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i put on about 124500 over 10 years on my last car. Planning to keep this as long as i can that's why i went with the sedan. Unless i need another specific or total accident (knock on wood) i will try to aim for this.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Hopefully my CVT holds beyond 100k miles.
I don't understand why people think the CVT transmission will not last. My 2000 Accord's regular automatic transmission died at 93,000 miles because of a known manufacturing defect and Honda replaced it for free. The CVT has fewer moving parts and is simpler in design and might have a better longevity rate.

Will the engine, or the suspension, or the body last 200,000 miles?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I am trending at 25k a year. My plan is to keep this car for a long time as a commuter car after it's paid off and use it to teach my daughter to drive on in 9 years. Also, I enrolled in the QuakerState warranty program with it. At 300,000 documented miles they pay you book trade value for your car. So, why not try?

I also plan to keep this car to teach my daughter and son to drive stick on. My fear is that there will be no such thing when they drive but at least they can say they know how.

Jay

·
Registered
288 Posts
Took me 9 years to put 185k on my '04 Jeep Liberty.

I've been itching for a used Nissan GT-R so we'll see if I give the Accord a chance in a few years.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My 09 has 93k and the plan is to take it to 200k. At the rate I drive, I should be there by January 2017.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yeap, count me in. The car will definitely make it to 200k miles if you do basic maintenance and replace parts when they are needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
79 Posts
my 2003 ford excursion v10 has only 50k and you know why ( mpg) 2005 scion xb has 100k da 2013 accord has 6.5k . hope one of them last at least 200k

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I own a V6 model but I agree with the previous poster. If the first 100K are relatively trouble free I plan to keep the car and go for 150K, and then 200K. I'm no gambler and only buy a lottery ticket when it goes over 200M. If I ever win all bets are off on keeping the Honda.

·
Honda Nation
1,679 Posts
I put 220,000 miles in 11 years on my Prelude.

People laughed at me when I told them I could still get $3,000.00 for the car.

I sold it for $3,000.00 within 2 days of my initial for sale posting on craigslist. I was the one laughing then.

You can rack the miles up and hold the value on any Honda. Just take care of it and it will take care of you.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I plan on it. I'm on track to average 25-30k a year so if my calculations are correct I will hit 200 around Ocotber 2020. (7.27 years from purchase date).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts