Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
J35Z3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've had my 2010 CBP V6 MT Coupe for 9 months now and have 10,301 miles on it. It seems like recently I've started having problems with 3rd gear (the Civic Si is haunting me). Third gear won't fully engage, and will pop out, or will grind. I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem or has any ideas.

When I took her in for maintenance I mentioned it to my service manager, he thought it might be a bad synchro, but they were unable to replicate it (what a surprise).

Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
mine had the same issue and its more noticable when its cold out. I found that if you shift about 4500rpm it will pop out more often than at normal accel.

I also suggest when they are done you replace the fluid with synchromesh.
+1.....

The GM Friction Modified SynchroMesh replaced OEM in my 6M 20k miles back. Not one hesitant shift into 3rd gear since............

ez....

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
I have always had that problem since it was new.

I just make a mental note to push hard when going into 3rd. Dealer will never replicate.

My only complaint about the car.

·
J35Z3
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have always had that problem since it was new.

I just make a mental note to push hard when going into 3rd. Dealer will never replicate.

My only complaint about the car.
I have a few complaints, but lately the third gear has been driving me nuts.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Can I try replacing the fluid with syncrhomesh now and see if that helps it?
It sure worked for me, Wang...............

My concerns about tech ineptitude and the positive feedback for GMSFM here on DA has resulted in 20,000 miles of zero 3rd gear problems. Hard to fault.

ez....

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
damm!! i thought this issue was fixed by Honda. When the 8gens came out there was alot of ppl with 6-6 complaining about it this.

Check with Honda / Dealer .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts