Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2010 EX in which the left side of the radio faceplate stopped working (the 1,2,3 cd buttons) but the load button still works and the power still comes on. I took it to the dealer, and the car is still under warranty, but they won't replace it because the regional rep said that this problem has never happened before.They told me it is just the faceplate that needs to be replaced. So now it is up to me to replace it. My questions are below:

Can I replace just the faceplate and it will have the same security code as before?

Do I need to replace both the Tuner and the Plate?

Is the Tuner and Plate the same in the EX and the EX-V6? This combo (EX-V6) can be gotten for $150 less on hondapartsdeals.com than each part separately using the EX option.

If I get the Tuner and Plate for the EX-L, will it work in my EX, even though I will not wire it for XM? The reason I ask, I want to install the Accord Crosstour USB interface and it will only work on models with the XM button.

Thanks, any information will help!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Call Honda of America. Unless you did something out of neglect to create this issue, this is unacceptable...

·
Registered
71 Posts
.They told me it is just the faceplate that needs to be replaced. So now it is up to me to replace it. My questions are below:
You're under warranty. Why is it up to you to fix it? Assuming you didn't mess with the radio and cause the problem, tell your dealer to FIX it. If they won't, call honda corporate and find another dealer...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I would go back to the dealer and ask to speak with the General Manager. If that got you no where I would do the following (and tell the GM I was doing it):
  1. Take it to another dealer and have it fixed under warranty for free.
  2. File a complaint with Honda Corporate.
  3. File a complaint with the BBB. I wouldn't want them to do anything, just have it show up as a negative if other people research that dealership.
  4. I would never do any business with the dealership again. No parts, no service, no car buying. And I would tell everyone I know not to go there and why.

If you find a good dealer, stick with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Honda of America. They investigated and told me that they can't do anything. Basically, I will never buy another Honda. The warranty in my opinion is worthless, because it would seem that they will only replace my radio if someone else has the same problem as me.

My radio stopped working after I unhooked the battery terminal to install the auto-dimming mirror. They think I spilled coffee on the radio so they won't replace it. I indeed did spill coffee in my car, but only on the power windows/locks switch, not on the radio. They won't pull out the radio to look at it to see if it had anything in it either. So.....any ideas about how to fix it myself?

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Go to another dealer, mention nothing about coffee, and act dumb.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Go to any Honda Parts site, such as hondapartsdeals.com and enter your vehicle information and then look up the radio faceplate. If they think you spilled coffee on the electronics (and it appears you did spill coffee on part of the electrical system), then they have a reason to deny your warranty claim. If your EX has the Premium Audio System, then you can probably get the EX-L head unit as a direct swap. However, if the EX is not the Premium system, then you can't use the EX-L head unit because the EX-L is wired differently and uses an external amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts