Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i was just wondering if anyone tried painting accord sedan ex stock 17" wheels?

i cant really afford to buy 19" or 20" rim right now so i was going to just paint the stock wheels and lower the car.

any other suggestions?

* i already bought the eibach sportline springs. i think it lowers 1.5" in the front and 1.4" in the rear.

oh yeah, and also i was wondering if anyone know a shop in los angeles or northridge area where i can get my springs installed for cheap.

thank you!

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
I would power coat if you’re going that route

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean by power coat?

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
I think he meant "powder" coat them. Gives them good color and a nice texture so it doesn't just look like a $5 can of Krylon.

If done right, painted wheels can turn out really well. I"d investigate having a professional do it. $100 - $150 per wheel, it's cheaper than new wheels.

I wasn't a believer in painting wheels until I had rims repaired recently. They perfectly matched the factory paint. Some examples of custom paint jobs were beautiful . . . gun metal grey in particular really stood out.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Thanks trip. Yes I meant POWDER coat lol like mentioned above, spend the $100 per wheel and have them done professionally. If you’re not sure where to go, just google “powder coating <enter city and state here>”

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Oh and you probably want to go for the double coating. The shop I went to in NJ charged $100 for single coat and $150 for double coat, so you will normally get a discount if you go that route. The double will last a lot longer. For example I had my A4 stock wheels done with the double coat. I had the car for 6 years and when I sold the car the wheels were still perfect, well except for curb rash :headbash:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Powder coat all the way, ive been told to do that with my ppm accord instead of getting new rims, but im not sure what color to get for the polished metal metallic. plus anyone know a good place in North/Central NJ that i could go?

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Powder coat all the way, ive been told to do that with my ppm accord instead of getting new rims, but im not sure what color to get for the polished metal metallic. plus anyone know a good place in North/Central NJ that i could go?
I was acually thinking about doing the stocks as well. I was thinking something called black chrome.

Go to powderbuythepound.com and you can lookup color and/or purchase.

I know a good place in south jersey. It’s in burlington

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ohhh whole lot of info here hahahaha thanks alot guys. i really appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts