I bought the center bezel dash from china: $67 + $32 shipping
$75 for lcd monitor
What do you guys think?

more pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
This is going to be a mod of mine soon! How was the wiring and install?!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The installation was straight forward.
The aftermarket radio sends video signal to center lcd. There is an option on the radio that allows you to send video out as Ipod, Navigation, DVD...I choose navigation.

·
S Drive 24/7
103 Posts
Wow you do this kind of stuff for a living? Would've fooled me. Nice work man!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I might do this if i cant fix my myron and davis unit issues. It was my initial idea too but I wanted to try to keep the factory look. Which aftermarket radio is that one

·
Registered
206 Posts
That looks nice. Did you hook up a rearview camera to it as well?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Awesome job. How do you attach the monitor to the back of the center frame kit? Does it have a holder for the monitor or do you have to kind of make up one yourself?

Also, can you link me to the kit that you bought? I really wanted to do this with a tablet. Thanks!

Nvm, I can see that you kind of taped the LCD monitor in place. Do you think that a Nexus 7 tablet would fit in the same spot?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the center bezel dash from china: $67 + $32 shipping
$75 for lcd monitor
What do you guys think?
Where are you located? Can I drop off my 2011? How much? :)
How much for the whole thing?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
What are the part numbers of the dash trim or where did you get them from? I wanted to do something like this to my car.
Here is the link for the website:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spec...rame-Dash-Kit-for-HONDA-Accord/501105604.html

Awesome job. How do you attach the monitor to the back of the center frame kit? Does it have a holder for the monitor or do you have to kind of make up one yourself?

Also, can you link me to the kit that you bought? I really wanted to do this with a tablet. Thanks!

Nvm, I can see that you kind of taped the LCD monitor in place. Do you think that a Nexus 7 tablet would fit in the same spot?
To attach the monitor to the back of the center frame, I used some Dynamat extreme left over.
Here is the link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spec...rame-Dash-Kit-for-HONDA-Accord/501105604.html

At first, I used the lcd bracket as seen on the 1st and second pic but I had to remove it bcuz it was too big for center dash location.

That looks nice. Did you hook up a rearview camera to it as well?
I am still thinking about it bcuz there is a delay of about 12 seconds b4 lcd monitor screen turn on. At first, I used the acc to turn the lcd on, but sometimes the lcd power led light just flash and not turn on. I decided to use the amp turn on from radio and it works great but it takes abut 12 seconds before lcd receive power from aftermarket radio. I have the backup camera already but because of that 12 seconds delay, I don't know yet.

Where are you located? Can I drop off my 2011? How much? :)
How much for the whole thing?
I am located in South Florida and It's not that difficult to do. Since I did mine, it only cost me about $175 but you can do it for less if you pay standard shipping for about $9 instead of $32. Make sure that you have an aftermarket radio where the A/V output include navigation. I checked the newest kenwood radio and that option was removed. The A/V output, on the newest kenwood, can only be set to ipod, video, dvd, or off....no navigation option...

·
Registered
77 Posts

Ya tabelt fits good i have one there

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ya tabelt fits good i have one there
Awesome dude. Which tablet did you put in there? Would you mind taking a picture of your setup?

To attach the monitor to the back of the center frame, I used some Dynamat extreme left over.
Here is the link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spec...rame-Dash-Kit-for-HONDA-Accord/501105604.html

At first, I used the lcd bracket as seen on the 1st and second pic but I had to remove it bcuz it was too big for center dash location.
Thanks for the reply! I'll probably pick one up in a few months.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts