Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters headlights are both faded badly. I tried one of the products to “revive” or “clean” them but it didn’t do a very good job. I’m looking online for complete headlight replacements and see that you can get some on A1AUTO for a very reasonable price. They say they are exact non-OEM replacements. They look like identical headlights. Is anyone familiar with the A1AUTO / Eagle Eye brand? Are they good replacements?

·
Just here for the food
1,665 Posts
A1AUTO/Eagle Eye, from what little I’ve heard, is pretty legit.

I bought replacements on Amazon a few years ago, but can’t find the order nor do I remember the brand. All of the non-OEM are pretty much just generic copies. Had the same issue as you did, where nothing would revive them, so I bought completely new ones. Spent about $105 I think. Redid my retrofit (the “right” way) and it made a world of a difference.

Edit: found the link

Headlights Headlamps Driver and Passenger Replacement for 08-12 Honda Acoord (4-Door Sedan) 33150TA0A01 33100TA0A01 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G33ZFA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FvhpEb0V61ZMT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
I went to a local detail shop and paid them $50. An hour later the lenses came back crystal clear. And my lenses were GROSS.

Might want to consider this as an option. Heck of a lot cheaper and a lot less effort then completely new housings of questionable quality.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Remember to add clear UV protection film or spray to keep the clean lenses in clear condition for long time. Otherwise they will fade quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the great feedback. I plan on having the 1A Auto Eagle Eye replacements installed in the next week or so. I have to go buy bulbs for both replacement lights as the ones that came with them I have been told are very cheap lights only for testing the units.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Thanks for all the great feedback. I plan on having the 1A Auto Eagle Eye replacements installed in the next week or so. I have to go buy bulbs for both replacement lights as the ones that came with them I have been told are very cheap lights only for testing the units.
Can you take out the oem bulbs and put them in the Eagle Eyes?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you take out the oem bulbs and put them in the Eagle Eyes?
I’m sure you can.......but they are the originals so they are 10 years old....should I just use them or should I replace them all while the lights are out???

Yeah. Same fitting.
I’m sure you can.......but they are the originals so they are 10 years old....should I just use them or should I replace them all while the lights are out???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine were yellow and hazed. I used the
3M Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit with Quick Clear Coat, 39175 on Amazon
They are like new and it includes UV clear coat to protect them.
AT the same time I also installed LED Headlights. I used the Nineo brandoff of Amazon.
They have the 9005,9006,&H11 bulb types. They are fan cooled and are adjustable for pattern.
I love them WAY brighter.
Thanks

·
Banned
13,102 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the A1AUTO / Eagle Eye brand? Are they good replacements?
I just entered
Eagle Eye projector headlights..to buy or not?
into the SEARCH feature here at DriveAccord. Thanks to past DriveAccord members for warning me.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know about these eagle eye headlights for our 8th gen sedans?

1. I am about to purchase them as they look good, but the light output seems weak and there's no cutoff.

2. Also, can the blue light color at the start of DRL be removed? That looks cheap in my books.

3. How do we even change the bulbs in these headlights? Are they all changeable LEDs?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts