41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
DailyDriver
192 Posts
Looks good! What offset are they?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks great, especially with the centercaps to finish off the look.

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Looks great, especially with the centercaps to finish off the look.
I'm lucky and happy the bore of the wheel was able to take in Honda centercaps. My old BBS-RS knockoffs didn't take any centercaps.

Here's a quick close-up. Will lower atleast 1 inches more in the future and finish it off with an alignment.

·
DailyDriver
192 Posts
Diggin it man. Looks good

·
Elvira - the car
3,495 Posts
I gots ta know!!!

Where did you get those car models?

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I gots ta know!!!

Where did you get those car models?
The tiny one I got from the Honda dealer I work at. The Medium and Large one are from ebay for $35 shipped (M) and $45 shipped (L). They are R/C models except for the tiny one which is a static model.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very nice and great pictures too.

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
New Wheels

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Ride height is temporarily raised due to intense tire rubbing on fenders. Will lower back down once fender rolling is completed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks good man. I think she is sitting pretty nice as is.

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Looks good man. I think she is sitting pretty nice as is.
Thanks man. Though I didn't want to get rid of my old rims , but one of them had a death wobble. Turned out to be a wobbling rim and shaped the tire to wobble as well. That particular rim took 12oz of balancing weights (yikes) and still shook like hell.. The new tire will be mounted on the new rim tomorrow and thank god the wobble will be gone forever. New rim still took 9oz of weights because I re-used the bad tire.

I see you in the Bay Area? I live at Sonoma County. I sometimes go to the Marin Side of the Golden Gate to do photoshoots. I'm hoping of a bay area meet for us Accord. However , most of them end up on the south (San Jose, etc).

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks man. Though I didn't want to get rid of my old rims , but one of them had a death wobble. Turned out to be a wobbling rim and shaped the tire to wobble as well. That particular rim took 12oz of balancing weights (yikes) and still shook like hell.. The new tire will be mounted on the new rim tomorrow and thank god the wobble will be gone forever. New rim still took 9oz of weights because I re-used the bad tire.

I see you in the Bay Area? I live at Sonoma County. I sometimes go to the Marin Side of the Golden Gate to do photoshoots. I'm hoping of a bay area meet for us Accord. However , most of them end up on the south (San Jose, etc).
Damn 12oz!! Now that's some weight. I've got a guy in Fremont who gets really good used tires for really good prices. He usually holds onto singles until he has a nice pair. Most are 75% all high end stuff for a fraction of new cost. If you interested in the future it's a good way to get by for sure.

I'd be down to get a meet going maybe like treasure island or something around there that way it wouldn't be a long drive for anyone. When I was driving miatas there was a rolling meet schedule that had 3 different Bay Area locations and it was always fun.

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Damn 12oz!! Now that's some weight. I've got a guy in Fremont who gets really good used tires for really good prices. He usually holds onto singles until he has a nice pair. Most are 75% all high end stuff for a fraction of new cost. If you interested in the future it's a good way to get by for sure.

I'd be down to get a meet going maybe like treasure island or something around there that way it wouldn't be a long drive for anyone. When I was driving miatas there was a rolling meet schedule that had 3 different Bay Area locations and it was always fun.
Thanks for the info on those tires. I got a new tire to replace the busted one , finally balanced at 1.75oz. Weird is I can still feel mild vibrations above 75mph. I would have to conclude that either my axles are the culprit or I'm just running crappy tires (which I can admit)...

I've been dying to go to Treasure Island for a shoot. The city background is the main reason I wanna go there.

Go Bay Area!! Lol
Where we say hella. hahaha!

41 - 60 of 85 Posts