Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a 2010 LX sedan accord used in august with 48k miles on it.

The car just feel off. On lower speeds the car drives fine except that turning left feels much different then turning right.

Turning left feels normal; you make the turn and at the end of it if you accelerate the car auto corrects and the wheel goes to center. When you turn right however and accelerate at the end of the turn the back of the car always seems to want to go left. Even if u don't accelerate the car at the end of the turn, it always overturns with the front going more right and the rear going left after the turn is completed

The main problem I have with the car is on the highway. I've driven Civics, Quests, Camry's, rav4s, and crvs and none of them have every felt unstable on the highway. I could usually drive well into the 80-90mphs and the cars stayed stable. Its hard to explain but this accord just feels airy on the highway. At around 60 mph I just feel a slight tug to the right. At any speeds above 60 The car feels like its mini swerving and is extremely scary to drive. Certain Highways feel better then others.

All this sounds like a classical wheel alignment problem but I just got the car aligned!

Here are my alignment values
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/6070/o5cv.jpg

Can someone point me to a new direction of research?

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Wheel bearing? Brakes binding on one wheel? I'm just throwing out random guesses, since this is probably what a mechanic would excel at diagnosing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Best bet would be to have a certified technician diagnosis it.
Don't chance it when speaking about safety items.
I would personally take it to your closest dealer. A simple $100.00 diagnostic is better than your wheel flying off the vehicle.

Could be a loose control arm bolt.
Seen it happen once and prevented one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since it was used - was it ever in a wreck? Is the body straight? I believe your wheels could be aligned, but the body could be twisted? Not sure exactly what they measure in a wheel alignment. Do they measure that the front wheels are directly in front of the rear?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts