Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there retrofit a 2010 Accord sedan's center console with the rear seat vents in a 2009 or 2008? If so, please provide any details you can ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hmm, that's a good question, and I'll admit it crossed my mind a time or two.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Are you looking for some air back there? I was glad they added the rear vents on the 10s because I have kids.

However, the rear vents are NOT powered by their own fan.

Yes, you can feel air if you put your hand on it. Can your rear passenger feel it? Maybe if you turn it all up HI. Even that, I'm not sure they would really get relief (from the heat for example). It functions no where near the strength of the front vents.

Or even vents on a minivan (which does have a rear motor).

Summary:

- Nice to have, ok.
- A real factor, no.
- Overrated.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It basically just divert the air flow to the rear end, so you actually feel the same level of power say 3 degree, it will flow weaker than before once you put the rear vent because part of the air flow is diverted to the rear end.

It's a simple mod just get the rear vent, and the duct that lead from center core through the gear console, then to the armrest...

I have done that before on my 2000 Civic.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To answer Drew's question ... yes, I'm looking (if feasible and reasonably affordable) to provide more air to my daughter. I appreciate the info from Hikaru also, as I was expecting a bit better airflow than it appears the '10 with these vents provides. Looks to be a bit of a "non starter" ... unless I get creative :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts