Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Ā· V6 Supremacist šŸ˜Ž
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,205 Posts
IMO a lot of this stuff (like fuel stabilizer) is overkill for just 3 weeks. That's the type of stuff you use if the time you'll be gone is measured in months/years, not weeks.

I left mine when I went on vacation for about 2.5 weeks. I didn't do a thing to it, I simply dropped it off at a friend's house where it sat outside under a tree. Was not driven or anything. Other than some leafs/droppings from the tree getting all over it, I had no issues when I got back.

If anything, I'd be more concerned about cat thieves.

Ā· V6 Supremacist šŸ˜Ž
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
2,205 Posts
thanks @WiiMaster @dgates01 @DerekWildstar for your swift responses.
I asked my friend to drive it, but he couldn't promise as he might come up with plans to go out of town as well. Do you think i should still not do anything? No worries if it's not driven?
You'll be fine. Like I said, I never had anyone drive mine for the 2.5 weeks I was gone and it started right up and drove just fine. Battery was a touch weak maybe but it still started just fine.

Like @DerekWildstar mentioned, the possible issues you could encounter are all minor and nothing to be worried about in the rare event it does happen.

And since it's important (especially in your case because if I remember correctly, you've got a relatively new cat on there), I'll mention it again: focus more on potential cat theft. Try to leave no signs that you're away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts