Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Gig 'Em Aggies !
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All!

Im the proud new owner of the "only stick shift 2011 accord in Texas." i dont know how valid that statement the dealer made is but let me assure you, it was HARD to find. Shout out to Gillman Honda of San Antonio for actually having this car in stock and not claiming that "Sir, Honda doesnt produce stick shift accords any more" as many other dealers tried to convince me. I'm a purest when it comes to driving and I wasnt gonna settle on an automatic tranny. Its a shame its a dying art. How many others like me are there in the accord world???

Below are pictures, sorry they're from my blackberry...

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
--that 5 speed manualTrans. is the ONLY way to go with the 4 cyl.--

--I love mine...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you also got the pin stripe....:thumbsdow

·
Registered
219 Posts
There won't be a manual transmission option for the 9th gen, so you better hold on to that car for as long as it will run if you're a Honda Accord fan. Not really keen on the color, but I'm sure you didn't have any choice in the matter.

Anyway, congrats on sticking to your guns on the transmission. I live in Dallas, TX and I can tell you, my coupe was a special order from the factory because there wasn't a single six speed coupe in a five state radius. Production of manual transmission Accords runs about 4% of total production, so yes, it's a rare car strangely enough, both of ours actually.

This is an automatic loving country, and the people have spoken with their wallets by not buying manual transmission cars much anymore. Don't get mad at the manufactures, they're just making cars people want in this country, but do blame your fellow lazy American driver, who can't be bothered to shift while taking on his/her cell phone, eating, putting on makeup, or whatever else people in this country do while driving. Plus, we all know it's cruel to make anyone use a clutch in traffic. Ugh, I swear, if the cost of living in Europe was reasonable (and the unemployment rate wasn't so high) I would seriously consider a move...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Nice ! I really like the white too. Please take off the pinstripe and that dealer sticker on the rear though!

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
:thmsup:

MT FTW

·
Registered
502 Posts
when I bought my 08 coupe, they had the pmm lx-s i bought and a silver ex in manual in the state of ohio. that's it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Everybody is complaining about pin stripes... be different!

Also you have the color matched door edge gaurds too!

Now is it me or do i see both painted plastic and wood overlays for that year???

I thought wood would be on the steering wheel too.

Prolly be nicer to swap out wood to match everything up well.

This is the first 2011 I have seen, as I am too lazy to go the the dealership and browse.

Not too crazy about the trunk reflectors but do like the rear tail lights everyone has been complaining about.

All in all it is a nice 4 door!

Glad you got what you wanted.

It seems Ohio is a good place to my Honda... I am not the only outta state buyer on this forum.

One thing that bugs me alot is half of the dealers put a sticker or plate on the trunk. WTF!!! they did not make it... let alone the license plate frame stands out just as much.

Why not add a big freak'n dealer stamp on yur butt too!

I'll never will buy a car that has a dealer tat on the trunk.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
A. Congratulations.
B. LOVE the color combinations!
C. Great find. The I4-5MT combo transforms the Accord from a basic utilitarian vehicle to an special entertaining vehicle.
D. When Honda stops making the I4-5MT sedan it will be a sad day. I suspect Mazda will get a lot of new business. Honda will have lost its zoom-zoom.

·
Brake, Turn and POWER
401 Posts
... Ugh, I swear, if the cost of living in Europe was reasonable (and the unemployment rate wasn't so high) I would seriously consider a move...
I used to live in Poland, and the cost were not high. But it's hard to find a good paying job.

To be honest, you don't even need a car in Europe, since their public transportation system performs perfectly. The medice was cheap, the food is fantastic.

Anyway, Congrats on the Accord. I will get a manual the next time buy a car.

·
Gig 'Em Aggies !
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the welcome everyone. Ive been browsing the forums and there's alot of useful stuff, glad to be here.

About the dealer badge....dental floss and a hair dryer right? ill do the search for that later

About the pinstripe- i laughed out loud when the dealer tried to charge me for it but it doesn't bother me

Door guards-- again they tried to charge, ended in laughter. and i know the door guards dont add or even subtract from the overall appearance of the car but as i've always maintained Function OVER Form.

other than that, ive never considered a move to Europe but it hurts me to hear the American perspective on standard driving :)

I maintain that if everyone drove stick the roads would be safer. Either that or there would be alot of broken clutch/trannys due to people finding other means of eating/texting while driving and shifting

thanks again
-Divo

·
Registered
6 Posts
2010 5 SPD manual black

Your not the only one. But god I love mine it's the lx model. I have the windows tinted. And that's about all I have done so far. Looking to get some wheels and tires for the spring and summer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would have loved to get a manual but got a great deal on a very low mileage unit (2008 with 20k miles) and it was automatic but EX-L.

There won't be a manual transmission option for the 9th gen, so you better hold on to that car for as long as it will run if you're a Honda Accord fan...
You think it won't be offered or you got a sure source? I think no sure source is available yet but woh knows...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would have loved to get a manual but got a great deal on a very low mileage unit (2008 with 20k miles) and it was automatic but EX-L.

You think it won't be offered or you got a sure source? I think no sure source is available yet but woh knows...
Yes, I do have a source. The sales manager at the dealership I bought my car from runs one of the top five most popular Honda dealerships in the country. He has an inside line at Honda corporate, and it was told to him that the 9th gen Accord will not be offered in a manual transmission for America.

Whether you believe that source or not, believe your own eyes and see how difficult it is to buy a manual transmission Accord. It's not really much of a stretch to assume the next gen Accord will forgo manual altogether.

The good news however, is this same source said he's heard "rumblings" about the next gen Accord using a dual clutch system like what is used in the VW Gti. Now that would be kick butt, and if that's the case I would have no problems giving up the third petal and stick. Especially if it incorporated paddle shifters.

·
Gig 'Em Aggies !
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats a shame. i remember reading in Motor Trend some time ago an interview with a big whig at honda and i specifically remember him saying something along the lines of "we're honda, we'll always offer a manual transmission" and although i believe he was talking about the just unveiled CR-Z it made me real happy to see that honda was 'sticking' to a purer definition of car/driver. The day Porsche doesnt offer stick is the day i stop wanting one....honda is more of a family car company so they can be forgiven .... maybe

·
Gig 'Em Aggies !
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
I hope if the next gen Accord follows the trend of the current Civic (supposedly delayed to downsize), it will be closer to the 6th/7th gen in size and feel. If that's the case, IMO a MT would be fitting in the Accord again. Dual clutch would be interesting but how likely is that when Honda is stubborn about putting a 6th gear in most of it's transmissions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have the car I wanted! Congrats to you for (a) knowing how to drive a standard, (2) seeking one out, and (3) actually FINDING one!!! I couldn't find a manual sedan anywhere, and I looked very hard. I got a screaming deal on a 2010 CPO w/ only 927 miles, so I just bit the bullet and bought that. It's also white over tan - not my choice, but I liked the price. Luckily for me, my other car is a 2010 Civic Si, with a fantastic 6 speed. That thing is a blast!

Congrats and enjoy your new ride!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts