Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2011 accourd coupe v6. I am trying to change my grille to after market t-rex grille but all the site i went to don't have it. Does any one know if the model 2010 and 2011 accord coupe v6 have the same size grille. I was thinking about buying the 2010 trex grille and hopes it will fit to my 2011.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat you're in. I have the '11 coupe and it seems that the aftermarket world still needs to catch up a bit, at least as far as finding a suitable grille is concerned. From what I can tell from reading elsewhere is that a grille to match '08-'10 accord coupes are not the same, it won't fit our '11 coupes. I've heard that you would have to modify your bumper (or new grille) or install a bumper from an earlier model coupe.

Ultimately I want to replace the grilles on my coupe but I'm going to hold off until more options become available, meanwhile the dealer I bought my car from has offered to paint the giant strip of chrome to match my black paint (for a small price I want to say around $70) or I may just get some black vinyl to put over it since this will only be a temporary solution.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Give it time. The '11 hasn't been out for that long. Don't buy one for a '08-'10, it won't fit correctly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Give it time. The '11 hasn't been out for that long. Don't buy one for a '08-'10, it won't fit correctly.
Any idea how far off it is? Do you think it may be something that I can modify the '08-'10 grille to make it fit my '11 bumper? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Any idea how far off it is? Do you think it may be something that I can modify the '08-'10 grille to make it fit my '11 bumper? Thanks!
I don't have any idea. I think it was about a year before Trex came out with the one I have. You could call them and ask. As for modifying it, if the '11 grille is smaller in all dimensions it shouldn't be that difficult, just cut off the excess. If any direction is bigger it will look weird. You'd have to compare an '08-'10 against an '11 to see if it's possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, modifying a 2010 grill is not going to do it. Guess I'll have to wait :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have a stock 2010 coupe grille if you wanna try it to see how off it is....its just collecting dust

·
Registered
69 Posts
also airbagit.com will make it to the dims you want...they did a one off for my crossfire srt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts