Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone know where to find the schematic or PCA/PCB diagrams for a 2011 Honda Accord Sedan 4 button key fob? Been looking for a while and could not find much other than the circuit board itself. No spec sheets, no pinouts, nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me, personally, no.

But I’m curious to know what your intentions are lol
Well, it all started because I kept locking my keys in my car (I don't have the spare chip key). Yes, I could just get one copied at a locksmith or buy a spare key fob but that is not the engineer in me lol. To get to the point, I am going to be able to lock/unlock my car with my phone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ambitious. Good luck haha, I’m interested!
Have you considered installing any of the VIPER systems that already do this?
No, I haven't heard of any VIPER systems. Just looked it up and it seems pretty nice but seems out of the price range for a college student lol. Plus a good learning experience. What do you think the odds are that honda would allow me to look at the circuit diagram of the key fob lol? Ya it's proprietary information but it's for a 2011 and the tec is way outdated so maybe

·
Just here for the food
1,869 Posts
No, I haven't heard of any VIPER systems. Just looked it up and it seems pretty nice but seems out of the price range for a college student lol. Plus a good learning experience. What do you think the odds are that honda would allow me to look at the circuit diagram of the key fob lol? Ya it's proprietary information but it's for a 2011 and the tec is way outdated so maybe
Ha, totally understand. I’ve been there. Now I’m a post-grad parent... with an undergraduate budget. Still. Hahah.

You might need someone with access to that online system that has all of Honda’s internal secrets and stuff. Can’t remember what it’s called. It’s linked in the forum a few places though

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
If it's just a matter of locking your chipped key in the car, here's a simple/cheap solution that worked with my '00 Accord which didn't stop me from locking my keys inside, the way my '16 prevents that.

Get a hardware store to make a cheap, non-chipped copy of your chipped key. Put that non-chipped key in a magnetic "hide-a-key" case and hide it somewhere on the outside of the car where it won't fall off when you hit bumps but is still easily accessible.

I put it behind the front grille on my '00 in an angled, magnetic spot that held it securely in place for 16 years. If (OK, whenever) I locked myself out, I grabbed the hidden key, opened the door and rescued myself.

The non-chipped spare won't start the engine, so even if somebody finds it, they can't steal the car, unless you leave the chipped key inside. Just don't put a chipped key in a hide-a-key box because it may get wet and that can damage the circuitry inside.

If you're afraid you might lose your chipped key, rather than just locking it inside, also hide a spare chipped key somewhere inside. If you lose the chipped key, use the non-chipped key to open the door/trunk and retrieve the spare chipped key from its hiding place. That key came in handy when someone pushed me in a pool with the chipped key in my pocket and then it manually opened the door but wouldn't start the engine...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
What happens when you lock both your keys and your phone in your car?

You could get a $20 bluetooth receiver and connect it to the door lock/unlock wires.
But how are you going to connect up to that BT receiver, if your phone is locked inside the car along with the keys? Even if you borrow somebody's phone, you won't be able to pair it with your BT receiver. And if you could, any thief would be able to unlock the doors too...

That's why a low tech non-chipped "hide-a-key" is so useful. I always unlocked/opened the door and immediately put the key back in its hidey-hole, before getting into the car. That way it was always there when I needed it for the '00, and more often than I liked to admit ... 🤪

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What happens when you lock both your keys and your phone in your car?

You could get a $20 Bluetooth receiver and connect it to the door lock/unlock wires.
That's the thing though, I never lock my phone in my car. It's always just my keys. The $20 BT device would have to be equipped with a small EEPROM microprocessor. I haven't looked into it that at all but I would assume they will not have one, but again that is just my assumption.

To all the people posting suggestions about just buying another key and sticking it on the car or something like that. Like I said before this is just a learning project to see if I am actually able to create this, trust me I know these ways.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Okay. So assumption is that keys are in the car and phone is with you.

Why would you need a EEPROM? The only thing for the receiver to program/remember is the BT pairing. It is a dedicated device that has relay outputs that then triggers the unlock button. Yes, the alarm will go off but you can the grab keys and shut it off. Assumption is that the $20 BT device only pairs with your phone and isn't easily hacked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts