Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Fiance wants to jump into a 2011 Coupe V6 non-nav - here is the breakdown and hopefully someone can tell me if this is a good deal or not - (no lease haters please, as this is for her not me) -

She currently is leasing an 09 Accord Sedan EX-L I4 with 10 mos worth of payments left in her lease - the deal on the table after a good negoitation and with a friend who's father is also purchasing an LX-P Accord at the same time is this:

1. Her Sedan will be a wash (will be totally paid off for her going into the next car/lease)
2. $322/mo $3000 down - Coupe V6 no navigation
3. Remote start will be throw in
4. For kicks Navigation will be $40 more a month -

I think for the trade in of her sedan paying off 10mos is exceptional but alittle skeptical of the $322 but what's a couple bucks here and there to get it to like $315 -

Residual is @ 55%
Car with deal $27,900

·
Registered
222 Posts
He's talking about a lease. I've never leased but that doesn't sound too bad a deal. But I must ask, what's the big rush in getting out of the '09? Save the money and purchase in a year.

But getting the car 27,900 otd is a great price, and if thats what the comparable for the lease is then you are doing alright. But once again, wait the year, save some extra cash, and purchase the car for 27,900 in 10 months. Sorry, I am not hating in my opinion, just being rational.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So my Fiance wants to jump into a 2011 Coupe V6 non-nav - here is the breakdown and hopefully someone can tell me if this is a good deal or not - (no lease haters please, as this is for her not me) -

She currently is leasing an 09 Accord Sedan EX-L I4 with 10 mos worth of payments left in her lease - the deal on the table after a good negoitation and with a friend who's father is also purchasing an LX-P Accord at the same time is this:

1. Her Sedan will be a wash (will be totally paid off for her going into the next car/lease)

I think for the trade in of her sedan paying off 10mos is exceptional but alittle skeptical of the $322 but what's a couple bucks here and there to get it to like $315 -

Residual is @ 55%
Car with deal $27,900
Sound good deal to me! I pay 28,500$ for my 2010 EX-L I4 No Nav:)

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
I don't know how they move numbers around but mine says almost 35, 000 EXL SEDAN 2011...All the works, except navi...But I know they were moving numbers form here and there to make it "workable"..Sound strange?:dunno:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Look real good on what the dealer is putting on the table.. First 3k on a lease it alot of money to put down my opinion Second 10 month left of payment i serious dought dealer will pay off the 10 month left i can asure you that those 10 month left is somewhere in the new car. The only way 10 month of pay can be washed off if Honda Leasing agrees with it or whoever you lease with. When i had my 7gen lease i had 3 month left and i got a letter from Honda telling me that they would take care of the last 3 payments and they did.

·
Banned
885 Posts

Residual is @ 55%
Car with deal $27,900
what trim level is the one she is purchasing?

i just bought a new 2011 EXL V6 coupe for $27,500 including all fees (but not sales tax). I think it was a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I don't know much about leasing. But my vote would be to wait till her current lease is over as well. You can save some money by doing that plus, by then, the coupe(and sedan) will be near at the end of its cycle(before 9th gen comes out) and there will likely be even better deals!

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here is the deal we went to two other dealers one of which is giving us the
same exact deal and is working on including tax title etc. All dealers are paying of her
Car no hidden fees period, monthly its between 322 - and 329 between the two good deals with 3k down, @ 55 % residual .. car invoice again is 27,990 for a 2011 coupe ex-l v6 in white,

My friends father is also taking delivery of an lxp accord for 20k cash otd, which boils down to 18 plus tax title, another great deal ...

A 2011 navi would be 368 with same config above, now if we can but the residual to
56% than payment would be 315 ..

I own mine so I know how it works but since she leased the 09 and can swap cars
2 yrs laterr she is into that plus the payment is low for her, she hates the i4 as do I but this coming from an owner of a 6-6 lol...
Be lease is over in 10mos and the new accords won't be out now with this current refresh until 2014 which would work in her favor is she leases
This for 3 yrs..I guess lol

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Good luck Sounds good, but remember delears never lose i just cant see how they are going to take a hit of 10 month of your car payment...Not!

The difference will be on your final paperwork i can asure you of that somewhere in betwwen the lines. :paranoid:

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
$40/month for Navi? That sounds really high.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good luck Sounds good, but remember delears never lose i just cant see how they are going to take a hit of 10 month of your car payment...Not!

The difference will be on your final paperwork i can asure you of that somewhere in betwwen the lines. :paranoid:
I agree but ill see later today what and where, depending on that we also have a appt. for Sat. As well...$40 I thought too was crazy just for nav, ..

As for as the buyback Honda keeps saying the most aggressive buy back they have ever seen is happening now, and they are desperate for preowned as I just also read an article saying haggling will no longer happen with most dealers starting next year based on what the economy did..

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
As for as the buyback Honda keeps saying the most aggressive buy back they have ever seen is happening now, and they are desperate for preowned as I just also read an article saying haggling will no longer happen with most dealers starting next year based on what the economy did..
There is truth to that. That's also because car sale numbers were aweful in the last 1-3 years. So the selection are (will be) slim on late model quality used cars. Less new cars sold = less late model used cars available.

And IMO, that should drive up used car prices.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Il be going to the dealer today ....:yes:

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Il be going to the dealer today ....:yes:
What are you going to get? Post your results here, as I will be later we have an appt. At 4pm...my friend also put together a cheat sheet for our figures so we can really see what they can offer, he is a loan officer at a major bank..

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok... first thing is first... go here...
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef9da10 and post on this site what your specifications are on the vehicle and you will get exact numbers for what Honda Financial is offering as residual and money factors for a specific month and specific model... once you have the residual and money factors (each model is different, each term is different, so you have to be specific) then go here to and pick the model and options to get the msrp and invoice prices... http://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord/2011/index.html

with that information you can calculate your own lease... get comfortable with calculating your own before you go in... do it 20 or so times and it's simple... I can almost do it off the top of my head now... here's how...

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1f993d.f1f890c goes into additional stuff like cap cost reductions, negative equity, etc etc... but the short of it is essentially this...

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 with Navigation 36month 45k lease
.00091 money factor / 51% residual for October (add 2% for 12k lease)

31,630 msrp
28,657 invoice
28,500 (my sale price)
16,131 residual value (51% of msrp)
12,369 depreciation (sale price - residual)
343.58 monthly depreciation payment (36 \ depreciation)
40.61 monthly interest payment (sale price + residual x money factor of .00091)
384.19 monthly payment (without interest - add 7% in NJ (whatever your state tax is) per payment to roll in interest)

then either roll your inception fees in or pay them up front but NEVER put any money down on a lease... if your car gets totaled like mine just was you lose it...

the calculations are simple really... they can skew the numbers all they want but with this you can't get screwed... stand firm and be prepared to walk... good luck...

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks alot! That does help - and I will def use it for Saturdays appt.!

So here is how todays Appt. went.

$3300 Down Includes tax, title etc.
27,500 Invoice -
First Month payment made on 2011 by Honda
Her 2009 is paid off completely in the swap -
55% residual
$349/mo x 36

Going to actually test drive it tomorrow, and than make final decision based on lowest priced dealer quote on Saturday AM. Will also post on that site and see what comes up - but at $322 if that includes everything (tax, title etc. over here that would be unheard of based on the prices we have been getting) Also i think these dealers are throwing high lease percentages on us (not the typical 7.2 or 8.375 but more like 16.4 which would make sense with some of these numbers which is crazy)

·
Gota love BLUE
643 Posts
i paid 27k OTD for new with HFP full kit included 09 exl v6 non navi..but ur deal is not tooo bad

1 - 20 of 31 Posts