Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have been a long time fan of this forum and my accords along the years. This is my 4th accord and has been trouble free like the rest of them until it shut off on the highway and wont restart. It has two P0365 Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit Bank 1 codes, P0685 ECM/PCM Power Relay Control Circuit Open code, P0325 Knock sensor code and P0101 Mass air code. The car has 272000 miles and the previous owner said he changed the timing belt and acc. at 193000. Any ideas? I'll cash app or venmo you some cash if anyone can help me out!

Hello. I am trying to fix my accord. It was driving fine until it shut off on the highway. It will crank but not run. I bought it with 268000 miles and the owner said he replaced the timing belt at 193000. I just changed the oil with 5 quarts of 0w20 full synthetic. It said 4.5 quarts so idk if that caused it. It has P0685, 2 P0365, P0325 and P0101 codes. Is it fixable or just dead? Anyone that can help me I will cash app or venmo you some cash!

·
Turbo lag
1,636 Posts
Any weird noise when it stopped running?
Take a look at this video

·
Turbo lag
1,636 Posts
The relay? Probably just get a new one, or switch in an non-essential identical relay.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I was gonna say the VCM but you said you had a 6-speed.

I hate to sound like a doubter, but did you have receipt of the timing belt job from the previous owner?

Reactions: Hudouc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you all for the info, I hope its something minor. It has alot of miles but still ran strong before.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was gonna say the VCM but you said you had a 6-speed.

I hate to sound like a doubter, but did you have receipt of the timing belt job from the previous owner?
Thats the first thing I thought happened when it shut off was the timing belt. I dont remember it making a loud noise. Is there a quick way of checking the belt?

·
Turbo lag
1,636 Posts
Thats the first thing I thought happened when it shut off was the timing belt. I dont remember it making a loud noise. Is there a quick way of checking the belt?

Reactions: Honda2014

·
Turbo lag
1,636 Posts
It would appear so.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
3,220 Posts
Timing belt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Timing belt it is... I took off the right side top of the cover and saw the gear but no belt. Is it fixable?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been reading that I probably have bent valves since I was doing 80 mph when it happened. Is it worth fixing or just scrap it?

·
Turbo lag
1,636 Posts
Well, Sh*t. You'll need to tear the engine down to see how bad it is. Probably needs new pistons, valves, and maybe new heads. You could put a "new" engine into the car for about 2k ish?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, Sh*t. You'll need to tear the engine down to see how bad it is. Probably needs new pistons, valves, and maybe new heads. You could put a "new" engine into the car for about 2k ish?
yeah I'm seeing 2-3000 not including install. Fml

·
Turbo lag
1,636 Posts
Well, don't give up just yet. Take the heads off and assess the damage. If the head is okay and you just need the pistons and the valves, you might get away from this kind of cheaply.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts