1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow the sedans are UGLY! Honda is definitely losing its touch on style. Yikes. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord EX-L V6
115 Posts
Our local dealer in Anniston, AL has several 2011 sedans and a couple coupes in stock. These cars, IMO, look much better in person than in pictures. The only thing I don't like is the wood grain that now comes in every sedan. I much prefer the silver trim with the gray/black interiors.

·
uber n00b!
75 Posts
just saw one around here in the Tysons Corner Honda dealership if anyone lives in the Northern Virginia area...metallic silver V6 coupe model...it does look nicer in person, but i still prefer the original 8G design

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wow I am really not liking the rear with the new lights. I know some of the members here have modded there accords with the rear light pattern but looked much better then the 2011 model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
the coupe looks pretty good. i dont know if its the pics or what, but it kinda reminds me of the old acura CL's with those minor changes. just not as round-y

·
Registered
166 Posts
eww absolutely not! I think they are all ugly.. and whats with the sedan lights, they tryna make the beamer look, might as well put halo lights too

FAIL!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
i like how the hood line on the sedan is more visible as well as the inspire lights. im not gonna talk shit until i actually see the car face to face. so far it looks fine.

its funny how the ppl who are saying its so horrible are the ones who own 7th gens...

·
Registered
692 Posts
The only thing I don't like is the wood grain that now comes in every sedan. I much prefer the silver trim with the gray/black interiors.
It appears that the wood grain is only on sedans EX and above. So the LX LX-P and SE don't have it. Either way, I'm surprised that they went with the wood for every interior color on those higher trims. If anything, i would have expected them to go the other direction and get rid of the wood altogether. So I'm with you in that I prefer the other trim pieces, but from the pictures I didn't think the wood looked all that bad on the black and gray interiors.

·
Registered
692 Posts
its funny how the ppl who are saying its so horrible are the ones who own 7th gens...
Lol. Probably a fair observation, and perhaps you can add me to that list of people. Before they came out I was considering getting a 8.5 generation coupe, but I don't think I'm pleased enough with the styling to do so. Much prefer my '07.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
It appears that the wood grain is only on sedans EX and above. So the LX LX-P and SE don't have it. Either way, I'm surprised that they went with the wood for every interior color on those higher trims. If anything, i would have expected them to go the other direction and get rid of the wood altogether. So I'm with you in that I prefer the other trim pieces, but from the pictures I didn't think the wood looked all that bad on the black and gray interiors.
Then I'm more glad that I got a 10. And that's why I did not get white or blue or red or other colors that feature Ivory interior because it has wood trim.

I don't mind wood trim IF it's real wood. Otherwise, it just looks like plastic after a year or two IMO.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I think the sedans look pretty good. The i4 bumpers on the sedans look more aggressive than the previous version. The EX and V6 wheels are starting to grow on me too.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Now that the I4 and V6 bumper are virtually the same except V6 has integrated hole for fogs while I4 is flat with option of fogs cover.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
The rear lights on the sedan would make me want to go to another brand.

:thumbsdow

·
Registered
166 Posts
i like how the hood line on the sedan is more visible as well as the inspire lights. im not gonna talk shit until i actually see the car face to face. so far it looks fine.

your absolutely right, and thats fine, b/c honestly I was never a fan of the 8th gen at all, and IMO they've now destroyed the look even more to the point I dont think it could get any worse looking... but again

THATS MY OPINION, which Im pretty sure we are all entitled to

So as I see in your avitar you too have halos, so I do see the reason behind your liking of the new sedans besides the hoodline, the new rear bmw wannabe lights, you might as well buy a beamer if thats the case

·
Registered
188 Posts
def like the new bumper/grills but i hate the "extra" tails on the trunk of the sedans and hate the tails on the coupes....other than that there the same ish...

·
Registered
833 Posts
your absolutely right, and thats fine, b/c honestly I was never a fan of the 8th gen at all, and IMO they've now destroyed the look even more to the point I dont think it could get any worse looking... but again

THATS MY OPINION, which Im pretty sure we are all entitled to

So as I see in your avitar you too have halos, so I do see the reason behind your liking of the new sedans besides the hoodline, the new rear bmw wannabe lights, you might as well buy a beamer if thats the case
You don't like the 8G, fine.
Other people like it, fine.
We all entitled to our opionions.

He likes to put halo lights on his car, that is his opinion. He didn't ask money from you to buy the lights, neither did he post up his car picture to seek your humble opinion. It has nothing to do with you.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts