Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off - newbie alert! I am a new Honda owner, exactly one week ago today I purchased my car. I have a 2011 Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation in alabaster silver.

I've searched through every applicable topic on this forum before deciding to post, so here goes.

According to the owner's manual (and the phone compatibility chart on handsfreelink.com) my car should display signal strength and battery level when a phone is connected via Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 3GS and it pairs without any problem, but the only thing I see on the display is the Bluetooth icon.

Does anyone know if the car will actually show signal strength and battery level? (When I go into phone setup, I am able to hear those two levels read aloud when I ask for phone status. I know the phone is transmitting them to the car's system.)

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out. I upgraded from a 2007 Camry LE 4 cylinder, and the Accord is superior in every way. I actually look forward to my drive to work now!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Things could have changed from your model and my 08 but mine wouldnt show that info when my HTC Touch Pro 1 & 2 Windows Phone was connected to it however my 08 TL Tech does show that info.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
I found the BT in my 08 Accord to be finnicky. I had 2 phones that only worked with basic calling functions... no battery/signal strength or importing phone books. Same Samsung phone with my Mazda paired and displays strength, signal, and imported phone book. I recently got a new phone that works just as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

At this point I'd love to see a picture of the Accord's display actually showing the signal strength/battery level indicators. I can't find any online....makes me wonder if it shows up for any phone.

Even the photo of the dash in the 2011 Accord brochure only shows the Bluetooth icon - no other indicators.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was ready to purchase a 2011 Honda Accord EX L with navigation. The bluetooth feature is extremely important to me and I was shocked that my one year old Motorola Android A855 phone is not compatible. It has the same android 2.2 operating system as other compatible phones on the list. Has anyone had any experience with this issue. The office is closed until Monday the 27th so my Honda purchase is on hold. Thank ou

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I was ready to purchase a 2011 Honda Accord EX L with navigation. The bluetooth feature is extremely important to me and I was shocked that my one year old Motorola Android A855 phone is not compatible. It has the same android 2.2 operating system as other compatible phones on the list. Has anyone had any experience with this issue. The office is closed until Monday the 27th so my Honda purchase is on hold. Thank ou
hook it to the car next time you are at honda. Just because honda site says this, it doesnt mean It's so.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a 2011 Accord EXL v6 (Non Nav) model. I have the original motorola droid (running android 2.2.1 currently) phone, and, I have successfully paired that phone with the Accord, no problem.

I too only see the bluetooth icon in the top right corner of the display. I see no icons related to battery life or signal strength.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
I agree with A&Fbro28. Ask the dealer to let you try pairing the phone to a car on the lot. My guess is that you will have at least basic call and receive functions, call waiting, and with NAVI, calling POIs via phone. Phone book import, battery/signal strength display probably won't work....

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've got a 2011 EX-L V6 with nav and don't see the signal strength or battery level on my display. I'm using an iPhone 4 and it pairs just fine. I just see the Bluetooth icon in the little slim strip display between the nav and the rest of the controls.

Now I'm kind of curious about this as well. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but whoever said that just because it was on Honda's site, doesn't necessarily make it so. But if the owner's manual said something then that might be a different story.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 Accord EXL v6 (Non Nav) model. I have the original motorola droid (running android 2.2.1 currently) phone, and, I have successfully paired that phone with the Accord, no problem.

I too only see the bluetooth icon in the top right corner of the display. I see no icons related to battery life or signal strength.
I have a 2008 Accord/NAVI and an original Droid. Before the phone updated to Android 2.2, the bluetooth was finicky. It would not always connect when there was a call. When Verizon pushed out the 2.2 update, the bluetooth was flawless (but no signal strength indicator etc).

Ever since the 2.2.1 update, my bluetooth has been flaky again, just like when it had 2.1. Sometimes when you make a call, it won't connect through the car and sometimes when you receive a call, it won't connect through the car.

I have had several warranty replacements of my Droid and I'm pretty down on the phone these days, as it is not reliable and the bluetooth functionality appears finicky.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I have a 2008 Accord/NAVI and an original Droid. Before the phone updated to Android 2.2, the bluetooth was finicky. It would not always connect when there was a call. When Verizon pushed out the 2.2 update, the bluetooth was flawless (but no signal strength indicator etc).

Ever since the 2.2.1 update, my bluetooth has been flaky again, just like when it had 2.1. Sometimes when you make a call, it won't connect through the car and sometimes when you receive a call, it won't connect through the car.

I have had several warranty replacements of my Droid and I'm pretty down on the phone these days, as it is not reliable and the bluetooth functionality appears finicky.
When I had my 08 Accord, my Windows Phone never showed signal/battery strength however my Acura TL does so this has me segway to this question. Does ANYONES cell phone show this on their accord?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts