Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 2011 accord coupe v6 exl two weeks ago and i didnt relize that they changed the tail lights until after i ordered the car. i just thought that they where the same as the 2010. i was wondering if i could just replace them with 2010 tail lights. the 2011 tail lights ruin the whole look of the car imo. they buldge out. the 2010 tailights seem like they would fit i just dont know if there the same wiring, the clear reverse part is switched from the bottom to the top.

i knew the rims where different and i hate them too. i really liked the 2010 18's, they looked like really nice stock wheels and they fit the car so well. the 2011 look like cheap aftermarket wheels. im prob gona get the 2010 18's if i dont decide to go with 20's.

im planing on getting the h&r springs or maybe the eibachs. i dont need coilovers.

i know what your going to say, why didnt i just get a 2010. ur right i should have. the paddel shifters r a joke and the memorie seat is a waste of time. although driving in sport mode does make the car more responsive and fun to drive.

i totaled my 2009 bmw 528i and decided to go back to honda. my first three cars where all hondas and im glad im back. i had a 98 and 03 civic coupe and a 94 accord coupe. i love the car besides the rims and tail lights. the accord has just about everything the bmw had except the high payments. i had buyers remorse the day i got the accord and wished i had got another 5 series but by the next day i was really happy with the decision.

i was also thinking of doing a few small engine mods, nothing crazy. maybe a cold air intake or a chip. i dont really know anything about engine mods but i would like to spend under $1000 and add atleast 20-40 hp. the car could use just a little more power

any input, info or ideas would be greatly appreciated. thank you for ur time

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi! Welcome to DA! I just switch from BMW E93 335i to Accord Coupe like you, but I dont have V6 like yours, well my last 335i eat gas like crazy, so this time I go for I4:D So I can save payment and gas money too:biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Welcome to DA! I just switch from BMW E93 335i to Accord Coupe like you, but I dont have V6 like yours, well my last 335i eat gas like crazy, so this time I go for I4:D So I can save payment and gas money too:biggrin:
i was actual thinking the same thing but when i found out about vcm (variable cylinder management) i wanted the v6. its good on gas. i should have prob went with th i4 myself. im not big into speed anymore. i would have saved money on the car and gas. the v6 is nice for pulling out into traffic and onto highway though

·
Registered
73 Posts
i was actual thinking the same thing but when i found out about vcm (variable cylinder management) i wanted the v6. its good on gas. i should have prob went with th i4 myself. im not big into speed anymore. i would have saved money on the car and gas. the v6 is nice for pulling out into traffic and onto highway though
I miss 300 horse power:), but I think I made good decision cause for a month payment for the BMW, I can pay 2 months for the Accord. I know about the VCM, but I remember I read somewhere in the forums, some guys complanted about his V6 with VCM but have the gas milage real bad:dunno:

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
Another hater post on the 2011, I just don't get it ...
First off what color did you get? Certain colors on the 11 don't do any justice to he minor changes..
Also the tails and wheels will grow on you as they really do give the car a newer personality over the 10 which now
Side by side looks dated imop....
I hated the coupe to until we picked up one in white a couple days ago, not only do
I really like the wheels but the tails look aggressive ..the car really pops at night!

Also the front is my fav now with the new grill and new bumper which looks like
A kit, the only thing I am not happy with is how the side bottom under the door has a piece of metal hanging down that's visible prob the are where he side skirts mount up to
But its def noicible

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
he only thing I am not happy with is how the side bottom under the door has a piece of metal hanging down that's visible prob the are where he side skirts mount up to
But its def noicible
Haha, I believe that's the where the sheet metal is crimped to form a jack point for the side of your car. Lowering and/or the hfp side skirts will remedy that visual annoyance to you.

Is it on both sides? If so, yeah that's the jack point. There's actually 4 of them on the sides..but the front one's seemed the most noticeable until I lowered my car down a week after delivery.

OP, welcome to the forum!--sorry I couldn't be more assistance on whether or not the '10 tails will fit your '11. I think it was ascertained the '11 tails wouldn't work on our 08-10 coupes, but I could be wrong.

Didn't know they had added memory seats to the lineup--learn something everyday. Does your key fob have a memory selection option on it?

If not, you should definitely look into the TSX switchblade mod, I'd be interested to see if a Mem 1 type TSX switchblade key would work for your memory seat capability (if programmed correctly...I would assume it would).

·
'09 Accord Coupe EX-L 6-6
376 Posts
First off what color did you get? Certain colors on the 11 don't do any justice to he minor changes..
Also the tails and wheels will grow on you as they really do give the car a newer personality over the 10 which now
I hated the coupe to until we picked up one in white a couple days ago, not only do
I really like the wheels but the tails look aggressive ..the car really pops at night!

A kit, the only thing I am not happy with is how the side bottom under the door has a piece of metal hanging down that's visible prob the are where he side skirts mount up to
But its def noicible
How is it a hater post if he's just stating what he doesn't like about the car? :dunno: Plus you are kind of biased since you own a 2011.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
The OP is not starting a hater post and neither am I, just stating our opinions which we disagree with you on; The OP just doesn’t think the 2011 looks as good as the 08-10 like the majority of the forum. IMO the mid model change was a step back from the 08-10 Accord coupe body for the exact reasons the OP posted, the tails don’t flow with the body because they bulge out and look like there are hemmroids on the butt of the Accord when looking at the car from a ¾ rear view. The wheels are also not nearly as sport looking as the 08-10 v6 wheels and don’t flow with the car. Again this is my opinion, not saying its right or wrong but what I think when I see the 11 Accord coupe.

The OP should be in luck. I believe the 08-10 tail lights will bolt up, not 100% positive, need to double check. As for wheels, if you’re going to spend the money might as well get a nice set if you’re going to go through the trouble of spending several hundred to pick up 08-10 v6 stock wheels.

·
Registered
502 Posts

But its def noicible
I agree about the color thing.... I have a PMM '08 and I think it's top 2 colors in the 08-10... but I think it's probably the 2nd worst on the '11. It just doesn't look right to me w/ the crome front and tails.. White, Black, Silver and Red in the 11's look fine (red looks better imo, not really a red car fan)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
How is it a hater post if he's just stating what he doesn't like about the car? :dunno: Plus you are kind of biased since you own a 2011.
Just saying since it seems to be following the theme around here
based on the minor changes they did ....
you would think they redesigned the whole
Car lol...I think people speak to quickly that's all, it hasn't been out that long
and around me we maybe the first white v6 coupe so to see it in other colors
May mess with the perception of it being the same with the 10 when in fact the changes
Give it some much needed character imop of course..live with it and you'll see

And actually I never liked the new coupe until we had it for a couple
And it began to really grow on me, but also remember its my fiance car and I stick to my own roots from my 06 6-6 ...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Doesn't look like a hater post to me - the guy actually owns the '11.

I am curious if the "sport" mode affects the gas mileage? In my '98 Volvo it had a sport which made the throttle jumpier and the transmission downshift more often.

I haven't seen the taillights in person yet but I am not all that thrilled with the taillights of the '08-'10 versions either... I think the front grille is more of a huge change for the '11. Does anyone else think the front grille looks like a hybrid between an '08 and a 7th G?

Hope the car grows on you, you should be able to find the older wheels on ebay no problem. Enjoy the new car!

·
Banned
885 Posts
i've only had my 2011 a week now, but i love it. tail lights, rims and all. pic below.

to answer the question about the seat memory: there is not a selection on the fob. the car knows which key is starting the car (1 or 2) and adjusts accordingly. pretty slick.

my new baby:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
to answer the question about the seat memory: there is not a selection on the fob. the car knows which key is starting the car (1 or 2) and adjusts accordingly. pretty slick.
:
That's exactly how the TSX switchblade key fob works... depending if the key is the Mem 1 or Mem 2 key, it adjust accordingly... You'd be able to utilize the complete feature set of the switchblade I'd assume...as long as they didn't go changing the FCC ID on your oem Key from something different than what the 08-10 coupes have.

·
Boosted Sedan
1,823 Posts
I think we all get the point here to each his own...

Seat mem is cool bc being over 6ft like me and than my fiance
Being 5'5 is a huge difference in seat position so to have two settings is a nice
Bonus addition imop

By the way nice coupe in the pmm, I love that angle you shot, look real clean!

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
Seat memory is kind of silly, I mean how many different people drive yalls car? Or do you move your seat that much to let people in and out?
I could care less about seat memory I'm the only one who's ever driven my car and passengers in the back seat get to do 2 door gymnastics and get out the passenger door.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
I could care less about seat memory I'm the only one who's ever driven my car and passengers in the back seat get to do 2 door gymnastics and get out the passenger door.
Ha, good shit. I actually sat in my backseat the other day to see what it's like, not really all that bad but I'm 6'3"ish.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts