Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I went into Lowes for a few minutes. After getting back into the car we noticed the driver window was down about an inch and the passenger window was down about 2". The driver window raised back up ok but the passenger window started going down while trying to raise it! After a 2nd try it went up. This is the first time any of this has happened (3 mo old).

Has anyone else seen this behavior with their coupes?:dunno:

·
Hondaracer4vtec
670 Posts
it happens to my coupe. i just got use to it. only happens like once in a blue moon

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
Was the key fob pressing against anything in a pocket or purse? If so, it could have activated the window drop feature. If it happens again, you could try resetting them. I believe you simply push and hold the window button down for at least 10 secs after it drops fully and then hold it up in the same manner for 10 secs after it closes.

·
Where to start???
341 Posts
Wife and I went into Lowes for a few minutes. After getting back into the car we noticed the driver window was down about an inch and the passenger window was down about 2". The driver window raised back up ok but the passenger window started going down while trying to raise it! After a 2nd try it went up. This is the first time any of this has happened (3 mo old).

Sometimes the "Auto Up" feature actually makes it go up briefly, then down instead. Happens every so often with my 2009 as well. Someone said the dealership fixed the issue as it was a bad sensor or a relay or something, not exactly sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found this thread.

http://hondaaccordforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-8366.html

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Same problem occurs with most auto-up windows. When you release the switch after you pull it up to trigger the auto-up, the spring mechanism sometimes causes the switch to drop too low and make contact with the "down" sensor and cause the window to stop and drop down a few inches.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Same problem occurs with most auto-up windows. When you release the switch after you pull it up to trigger the auto-up, the spring mechanism sometimes causes the switch to drop too low and make contact with the "down" sensor and cause the window to stop and drop down a few inches.
it only does it on my driver side though, passenger side same way does nothing works perfect... now the auto-up feature for some reason periodically stops working as well... i donno what's goin on up in there!

·
Corvalis TTX
5,594 Posts
I have this problem in my Accord but only after the window controls get a little bit of snow on them. It seems the switches are not properly isolated from even a little moisture. The switches on my Infiniti never have this problem even after getting covered in snow.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
very common no worries.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Figured it out

When I unlocked both front doors I apparently held the 2nd fob click a beat too long. Yesterday the moon roof was slightly open. I didn't notice that when I found the windows down about an inch.

Operator error! :yes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
im glad, or not glad really, that i am not the only 1 witht his issue. it is sooooo frustrating, especially when u are in a rush, to pull auto up & the window goes down even further! u then have to pull up 3-4x before it stops going down & goes back up. we all should take that to the dealer before warranty is up. i can only imagine whats gonna happen in 5 yrs....new window motors will probably be on the list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Strange thing happened to me today.I own a 2011 Honda Accord V6.It's 2months old.I went to the store.When I came back and got into my car the driver's window and passenger's window was half way down,and the sunroof was half way open.Anyone has any suggestions?

·
Autobot Gunner
417 Posts
The exact same thing just started happening in my 2009. Im worried it won't close one day.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can help

Strange thing happened to me today.I own a 2011 Honda Accord V6.It's 2months old.I went to the store.When I came back and got into my car the driver's window and passenger's window was half way down,and the sunroof was half way open.Anyone has any suggestions?
To unlock both doors you have to push the remote twice. If you hold on to that 2nd push a little too long the windows and sunroof start to open. Just don't hold the 2nd push too long and the problem is eliminated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts