Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(See latest post for new info as of Jan 17, 2011)

Hello All,

I am looking at picking up a 2011 EX here in Canada, as I am finally impressed with the standard features list of the base model. However I can't seem to find any pictures of the interior of this Base EX model. And I was wondering if anyone could post a few for me. As well, inform me of their impression of the cars interior. I have been driving around a 2006 Civic LX Coupe, and, if it anything like that, I am sure it is a winner.

Also if someone could tell me how well the blue-tooth works on this car (as it now comes standard) that would be great.

Thanks, and hope to join the ranks soon.

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
opinion

I have an EX L and the bluetooth is great...Crystal clear and adjusts volume through radio controls. The best feature for me. My phone stays in its' briefcase in the back and when it rings the radio shuts down and I just push the button on the steering wheel and I'm on. As for interior I am really impressed. I love getting in it at night. I have the footwell ambients I recommend them) and it just adds something to the overall elegance of the black interior at night. I am real happy and think you will be happily surprised at how much you will like it and it grows more and more on you..Good Luck...:banana:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that EXLAccord2011. And yes, I have seen the ambient lighting effects and I will for sure be doing some, maybe not from the dealer, but as a project for a weekend.

I am going to have to go to my nearest dealership for a closer look. Now the big decision is should I get the Manual or the Auto. Base Manual here in Canada is $26,770 and Base with Auto is $27,990. How does the clutch feel in extended city driving?

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
automatic

Hey, Good Luck with your purchase and Welcome to the Forum. I have found so much useful info here and great people with good advice that it is as if I bought the car with this extended package that allows me access to this great site ! I have automatic so not sure what to advise you. Go for what your gut tells you you want. For 1000.00 extra, and I know that is alot today, the automatic may be the way to go. I mean, don't go standard unless that is truly what you want. You'll probably regret that somewhere down the line unless you are totally comfortable driving stick in all conditions. Or are looking for some performance gains. Please post some pics as soon as you are good to go..What colors you thinking?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome.

And yes, I am good to go whether I buy an Auto or a Manual in all conditions, just gotta drive both to know for sure.

I will get pics up as soon as the trigger is pulled. The colour I am looking at getting is either the Blue or Charcoal, I4 coupe. With the black cloth interior.

Thanks for the help, keep you all informed.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can any of the 2011 owners here tell me what colour the Speedo and Tach is? I heard it was blue similar to the Crosstour... is this true? If so can anyone post a night picture? Or a picture in general of the 2011 dash?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello from Honda City, ON!!! (Alliston)

You can see what I drive ;-)

Once you try the MT, you don't want the AT!!! You owe it to yourself to at least test-drive it (If you can find one...).

Back in November 2007, I tested an Auto and got out of the dealership a bit disappointed by the lack of "Oomph" (LOL); then in December, I found a Manual to test and said "That's much more like it!" - The rest, as they say, is history: I ordered one in San Marino Red. (Not available on I-4 Models anymore)

Mine now has 65 000km on the odometer and never have I regretted choosing the Manual. The clutch is nice (Even in the city), the shifter is smooth. In a few words: It's a Honda!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello from Honda City, ON!!! (Alliston)

You can see what I drive ;-)

Once you try the MT, you don't want the AT!!! You owe it to yourself to at least test-drive it (If you can find one...).

Back in November 2007, I tested an Auto and got out of the dealership a bit disappointed by the lack of "Oomph" (LOL); then in December, I found a Manual to test and said "That's much more like it!" - The rest, as they say, is history: I ordered one in San Marino Red. (Not available on I-4 Models anymore)

Mine now has 65 000km on the odometer and never have I regretted choosing the Manual. The clutch is nice (Even in the city), the shifter is smooth. In a few words: It's a Honda!
Hey yes, I can see that (must say very nice :) ) And nice to see a fellow Canadian on the forums as well.

On the front of the transmission type, I am now 100% clear that a manual is the only choice for me, I love my 5-speed on my current car, and I don't think I could ever forgive myself if I went to an Auto.

I am going to be going to a local dealership this weekend I am thinking if they have an EX 5-speed in stock, as I am sure like you say even if I wasn't 100% sure I would be when I drove it.

Once again will let all the members here know when I get it, along with pics!

PS... Enjoying the abnormal amounts of snow?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys,

I am going into the dealer tomorrow to talk with my sales manager. I know I want a 2011 EX 5spd Coupe, however I don't know whether to go with a White one or a Blue one.

Now I live in a place with plenty of snow and with that salt and sand on the roads during winter. And was wondering what your thoughts on colour choice would be.

Thanks!

** I should mention that interior colour doesn't matter up here with the coupe as both white and blue come with black interior **

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, Good Luck with your purchase and Welcome to the Forum. I have found so much useful info here and great people with good advice that it is as if I bought the car with this extended package that allows me access to this great site ! I have automatic so not sure what to advise you. Go for what your gut tells you you want. For 1000.00 extra, and I know that is alot today, the automatic may be the way to go. I mean, don't go standard unless that is truly what you want. You'll probably regret that somewhere down the line unless you are totally comfortable driving stick in all conditions. Or are looking for some performance gains. Please post some pics as soon as you are good to go..What colors you thinking?:thumbsup:
I ordered the ambient lighting as well on my 2011 EX-L V6 Coupe. I haven't seen them anywhere but have a friend who has something similar in his GTI. They're being installed tomorrow morning, planning to wash her up and take some pics for the forum. You got any pics of yours with the ambients up and running so I can drool until tomorrow?

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
I ordered the ambient lighting as well on my 2011 EX-L V6 Coupe. I haven't seen them anywhere but have a friend who has something similar in his GTI. They're being installed tomorrow morning, planning to wash her up and take some pics for the forum. You got any pics of yours with the ambients up and running so I can drool until tomorrow?

I don't have a pic of the footwells, but if you check some Honda accessory sites they have some pics. They really don't mimic the real thing though. I think they brighten it for the effect of the pic. They are more subtle in person. In fact I turned them off the other day and forgot to put them back on for about a week when I looked down and realized I could not see my shoes. I do have a pic of a pair of small blue ambients ($9.00) that I installed on the back part of the center console and plugged into the center compartment. The 2 lights are about the size of an index fingernail. You can tuck the wire right into the corners, run up and into the accessory compartment and hide the inside with a strip of black electrical tape. It glows forward across the center console to the stick shift. It looks great at night and adds to the footwell lights. Not too bright either. They match perfect and everyone likes them. The glow is similar to the footwell. If you really would like to see it I will try to take a pic tomorrow nite and post it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well ladies and gentlemen. I am now the proud owner of a 2011 EX Coupe 5-Spd in White! I have to wait up to a month and a half for it to be delivered as it was the only one available in western Canada.

As soon as I get it home I will get my pictures up!

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Great, Good Luck with it. Just in time for Spring. Keep the thread alive with pictures upon delivery..Did you go for black interior?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I really didn't like the interior ambient from honda, they are not bright at all, can't really see them, and are over priced for just two LEDs. Instead I installed my own for around 30$ + 8$ for a fuse. Very easy to do and I have ambient LEDs in the front and back seats now.

http://www.ledunderbody.com/Blue-4pc-LEDGlow-LED-Interior-Lights-Lighting-Kit.aspx

This is the kit I used, installation is pretty simple, it's basically plug and play after you buy the fuse and mounting is simple as you can put the lights anywhere. Mine are all hidden from sight so you won't be able to see any wires, etc.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great, Good Luck with it. Just in time for Spring. Keep the thread alive with pictures upon delivery..Did you go for black interior?
Thanks, and yes I ordered the black interior, for Canada that is the only colour offered for the coupe. I will make sure to post when I get her! :) Can't wait!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Go for a white one, I live in a similar climate in Alberta, and white will be great, the dirt, for some reason doesn't show as much on a white one as it does on lets say black, blue would be nice, but IMO, I would get a white one! Haha you will be the odd man out driving a car, whenever I drive through Saskatoon, all i see are trucks, or SUVs.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Go for a white one, I live in a similar climate in Alberta, and white will be great, the dirt, for some reason doesn't show as much on a white one as it does on lets say black, blue would be nice, but IMO, I would get a white one! Haha you will be the odd man out driving a car, whenever I drive through Saskatoon, all i see are trucks, or SUVs.
Haha thanks man... I did order the car in white and it will be here in a month or so. I am super pumped for it... And ur right in toon town I don't think I have seen an accord coupe driving around. Although I will probably notice more after I get it. Tends to happen. Also sometime we should see if there are many other SSK / AB members for a meet. Never know right? Have a good one man hopefully this winter quits soon!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello All,

I am looking at getting the fog light kit from college hills Honda. However, before I purchase this I want to make sure of a few things.

#1 - Is the 2011 EX Coupe in Canada pre-wired with the correct harness to allow these fog lights to be essentially "plug and play?"

#2 - These lights should be the same as the US ones as both the US model, and CDN model are built in the same factory?

Thanks all, hopefully someone here has done them, and might be able to fill me in.

·
Registered
808 Posts
According to the manual the wiring harness is different going to the fog lights in Canadian models. I looked at it and couldn't figure out why. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts