Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The main differences I see over the LX are power driver seat, allow rims, and lighted window switch controls with auto up for the front passenger window and then all that plus heated leather seats and lumbar adjustment for SE.
Does the manual LX drivers seat have all the same range of travel for height and tilt adjustment as the power seats? I know power seats would be easier to adjust, but I will be the only driver, so once I have it set, there won't be much reason to keep adjusting it more. However, if the power seats have more adjustment and I can't find the right position with the manual adjusted LX, I would want the power seat.

I don't care about alloy rims vs plastic hub caps. I don't care much about having auto up on just one more window out of 4 windows and I'm sure I could feel the window switches in the dark and tell them apart very easily. I can't think of the last time I rolled down windows at night anyway.
However, if I were going to get all the money back in added resale for the LX-P or the SE (because leather adds to resale and the purchase price premium of SE over LX-P is small) then I might was well just get the SE instead of LX or LX-P.
I live in a hot climate, so in summer I would have to put towels over the seats not to get burned by the leather when the car has been parked in the sun. In winter, it will be annoying to sit on the freezing leather while waiting minutes for the seat heaters to kick in. Does the backrest heat or is it just the seat cushion?
In mild weather, leather would be nice and I should avoid static shocks when the car is new if I get leather.

Is it worth getting an LX-P or SE for resale even if you aren't very interested in leather and other added features?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The backrest is heated on the drivers side on 2011 V6 coupe, passenger side is just the cushion, and it doesn't take minutes to heat up when set to high.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm pretty sure the LX seats "do" what the automatic ones do, you just have to work a bit harder to do it. The LX have a sort of hand "pump" that raises the seat up and down, but you don't have the lumbar support.

When I had my LX I really could have cared less about the auto up/down for the other windows. They're automatic already. The alloy wheels do look better IMO, and you get those with both the LX-P and the SE.

I'd personally go for the SE if I were you. The leather isn't cold in the winter or burning hot in the summer, or at least not in my experience. And I live in an area with hot summers and cold winters.

In my experience, it's best to get the higher model. I think you'll be glad you got it and have it as opposed to saying "Wow. I should have got the SE with this option or that option." Again, just me. Your car - your money.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just read a few reviews of the SE and they had bad things to say about the front leather seats. They are described as too hard and the lumbar support for the driver sticks out and annoyed them even when they turned it down all the way. This is from more than one review. Edmunds, USAToday and another all mentioned overly aggressive lumbar support bump that is never fully off.

I'll have to sit in one to see if it fits me or not. Bad front seats seem to be common complaint of the Accord and some of the competing cars also.
It doesn't matter if the manual seat is harder to adjust than power if you only need to adjust it once. That seems to only leave the alloy rims for LX-P which are not important, but look better.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My preference would be the LX-P because of the alloy wheels, power seat, and security system (as opposed to remote lock/unlock).

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My preference would be the LX-P because of the alloy wheels, power seat, and security system (as opposed to remote lock/unlock).
I will probably get an LX-P to avoid the lumpy backrest in the leather seat in the SE assuming I get a new Accord at all.
The ongoing brake wear issue on the 8th gern Accord where pads are rotors wear out at very low mileage may be a deal breaker if it was never fixed. I don't want to be doing brake jobs at my expense every year or even every other year. Huge waste of time and money to do that much brake repair and maintenance compared to other cars.
Brake pads and rotors wearing out are considered normal wear not covered by Honda even if it's common for them to last only a fraction of the time of what is normal for other cars driven the same way.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I will probably get an LX-P to avoid the lumpy backrest in the leather seat in the SE assuming I get a new Accord at all.
The ongoing brake wear issue on the 8th gern Accord where pads are rotors wear out at very low mileage may be a deal breaker if it was never fixed. I don't want to be doing brake jobs at my expense every year or even every other year. Huge waste of time and money to do that much brake repair and maintenance compared to other cars.
Brake pads and rotors wearing out are considered normal wear not covered by Honda even if it's common for them to last only a fraction of the time of what is normal for other cars driven the same way.
Buy what you want dude, it makes no difference to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts