Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a long list of rattle threads and wanted to know if anyone with an 11 coupe has this one. It sounds like it's coming from the front center or underneath. It happens when going over bumps or bad roads. It sounds like a shelf rattle or vibration. It is not coming from the rear, spare tire ok. It is not the front plates or hood. Does not appear to be coming from the glove box. I was leaning towards exhaust? If anyone can share their thoughts or places to check I appreciate it. Will be taking in to dealer who already did ride along and said they hear it also.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 2011 Coupe and Sedan. I have no rattle coming from the front center. The only rattle I've heard so far is on the Sedan (Passenger Seat). But I guess that is known issue and can be fixed.

·
Whatever
103 Posts
Yeah I thought my 2011 V6 would have done away with the rattled of my 08 I4 but there still there. Creaking in the dash area than rattles in the back; still.

I have owned a 1993 Civic EX, 2002 Civic EX, and also have a CR-V and they don't seem to be plaqued with the miscellaneous problems that these 8th gens have.

However other than the brake issue I had before, I've grown accustomed to the quirks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
One day while I was driving, I was hearing rattling coming from the middle as well. With every bass hit, every bump on the road, I kept hearing this annoying rattle. It was driving me insane.

Turns out it was my sunglasses is the sunglass holder thing. Might wanna check that :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
ive got a 2010 coupe, and i figured out what was rattling, the seat belt its the side when you go over a bump or pothole...

·
Registered
128 Posts
One day while I was driving, I was hearing rattling coming from the middle as well. With every bass hit, every bump on the road, I kept hearing this annoying rattle. It was driving me insane.

Turns out it was my sunglasses is the sunglass holder thing. Might wanna check that :)
Bingo! That was mine. Spent 2 weeks trying to isolate the noise and the tech fixed it in 30 seconds. I feel like a dumb a$$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts