Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soooo yea. my wife had a cat get in her engine bay and now its wrapped up in there where the serpentine belt is supposed to be. ive unwrapped it but now i cant get it out in one piece. id prefer to get it out in one piece and not make a mess but its stuck where its at underneath the power steering pump pulley (i think). any quick advice on if i can just undo the pulley and pull it off or is there more to it than that. picture included.

so yea you can kinda see the cat under there. unless someone has an easier way they could think of. theres no room to pull it the other way the head wont fit up or down and it won't fit under the pulley. :(.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
just get a fishing pole with a mouse as bait. when you feel a tug, pull hard.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol if only it was sti Alive lol

UPDATE:

Well. I got it out lol. And in one piece actually lol. Now just gotta put a belt back on.

·
Running NYC
1,315 Posts
Poor cat.. Bad way to go man bad way :(

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
For anyone who happens to have this problem in the future (seriously what are the odds?)....you can remove the belt, unbolt the PS pump, and unbolt the alternator. That gives a ton of clearance and leaves only the crank pulley, AC pump, and tensioner.

The PS pump is easy to get off and the bolts are something like 36 ft-lbs. The alternator can be a bitch to get seated all the way so the bolt holes line up and the bottom bolt is "blind" ... so don't be scared to manhandle it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts