Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the Bluetooth is slow - so if i press play, it will take a sec or two before playing from car speakers, so is pause, skip and all, so if i start a video, that will be out of sync, becuase video start playing, but voice come later from speakers. i have tried, i phone 5s - ipad mini and my galaxy s3 - ANYONE ?????? having same issue ?
I will make a video of the issue and will share with you guys, please let me know if your bluetooth is working fine. or if there is a update i need to do, and how do we update honda software ?

·
No PRND
583 Posts
There is a slight delay using pandora on my iphone 4s through bluetooth. Just a second or two. If I could get mine to allow pandora to auto connect without asking me every time I would be happy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about playing music that is stored in your phone - or playing youtube video, u willl see when u press play, it doesnt play audio right away - video start playing and audio start after a sec or two and then its out of sync, have u tried it ?
BUT i have seen someone using nexus 7 on their accord - and his video is very well synced :( - try playing video and please let me know if there is a delay

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Sorry, I only use pandora through bluetooth. I have an ipod hardwired with my music on it and have never tried watching a video. If nobody else chimes in, I will try it out later tonight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine has always been slow. BT Audio, Pandora, pretty much anything I do over BT. The only thing that isn't slow is the transfer of voice when you're on a call, unless you're using a VOIP app like Viber, then voice lags as well. I heard the 8th gen Accords were also like this but I could be wrong. It annoyed me for a while after I bought the car, but I've just learned to live with it now... I've used an iPhone 5 and 5S with the same results.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep a normal characteristic of BT audio in this car. When watching videos I just connect the aux cable to sync the sound.

Hopefully firmware updates fix this soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the video - i made to explain, but thanks for replying guys that i am not the only one going through with this issue -

This is very annoying, I tried to see what version of software i am running on car but couldnt find it - please do let us know if anyone went to dealer and updated the software to fix this issue.

·
Registered
924 Posts
i have the same issue. i think everyone does with the delay with controls over bluetooth. not sure what the issue is. why is it a big deal that the video is out of sync tho? is it really important to you to watch videos while driving?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Using Pandora via BT with my Samsung Galaxy S 4G in my Sport, it connects automatically, after seeing the phone (& having the Pandora source selected in the car) it usually starts playing in about 10-15 seconds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have the same issue. i think everyone does with the delay with controls over bluetooth. not sure what the issue is. why is it a big deal that the video is out of sync tho? is it really important to you to watch videos while driving?
I am not watching video while driving, its mostly for my daughter.

Plus i have seen video of someone using bluetoooth video - and it syncs fines, so i was wondering if its my car only or the whole model, and seeing other comments, i see that its everyone with this model. So they sshould fix it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am not watching video while driving, its mostly for my daughter.

Plus i have seen video of someone using bluetoooth video - and it syncs fines, so i was wondering if its my car only or the whole model, and seeing other comments, i see that its everyone with this model. So they sshould fix it.
as mentioned above, use an aux cable if you want to get rid of the bluetooth delay in video. thats really your only option since honda will look at an issue like that and assume you are only trying to watch video in your car while driving and wont want to be liable for anything involved. but man that would be annoying having to listen to videos playing in the car while someone else is watching them lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts