Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So bought this car 3 months ago - had less that 5000 Km on it and BAMMMMMM. Got rear ended at the yield sign :( - cost of repair - $7200 - because, it looks brand new but it doesn't feel or drive the same - call it psychological or what not, but for me its not the same - In Canada - we don't have diminished value law - so cannot claim the loss - ****SSSS - and i am sure i lost quite a bit $$$ if i go to sell right now - what's funny , is i asked few used car dealer how much would they pay and told them that its 3 month old - but has 1 accident. THEY WONT EVEN BUY or OFFER ME ANYTHING. one offer $18,000 :(
Frustrated :( .. Here are some pics - damage doesnt look bad but sub frame / structure had to be fixed. One thing for sure - My Accord took it like a champ That accura was destroyed .

20130803_105139.jpg

20130803_105033.jpg

20130803_105340.jpg

20130803_114938.jpg

20130803_115037.jpg

·
Registered
335 Posts
Oh man, that really ****s. Sorry dude. :(

It definitely looks like your Accord took it better than that Acura did...

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Just get the work done properly AND to your standards. If something doesn't feel right, sound right, etc...take it back in.

Sorry to hear about this though. I know I'd be LIVID!! Glad to see you're alright though

·
Registered
214 Posts
wow, glad no one was hurt... In the last pic, make sure they take care of that giant fur ball stuck to the bottom of the bumper.....:D

·
S mode
382 Posts
Sorry to see this man. Stupid Acura TL drivers always following too close. I get nervous when I get tailgated by random stupid A-hole driver. Once after an accident and even if the car been repair, it doesn't hold the same value!!!

·
Corvalis TTX
4,608 Posts
Stupid Acura TL drivers always following too close.
Blatantly false in my experience. It's not like the driver of an Accord has never rear-ended anyone ...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't worry. It will drive the same. Accord's not something fancy that can't be fixed.

Looks like the driver was looking left while driving to the intersection, and didn't notice that black car stopped there in front of him.

·
Wanda Honda
458 Posts
Oh no another one!! Sorry man...I understand that pain!!!!

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
Sorry about your accident. People do not understand the rules of yielding whether there is an actual sign or not.
Step 1: only watch the car in front of you while you are moving.
I get it, when it is almost your turn, you look to the left as well (to see if it's clear) because it is natural.
Step 2: when there is only one car in front of you, and you are actually moving, again only watch the car in front of you.
Step 3: when he goes, only watch the car in front of you until he has actually gone and joined traffic.
Step 4: now it is your turn to look left and move some more and then join.

People like to assume that the car in front of you will go so then you automatically gun it to follow and then the front car ends up unable to go and quickly hits the brakes hard; you can't do the same and BAMMM!! You can't drive forward and look at oncoming cars at the same time. You are begging for a BAMMM!!! A long time ago in a prior Accord someone did this exact thing to me and they BAMMMed right into me.

Again, sorry about the accident and the new feel of your car.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Stupid Acura TL drivers always following too close.
Wow.

You have to hand it to those Acura folks - they sell TL to only drivers who have demonstrated propensity for aggressive tailgating.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Sorry about your accident. People do not understand the rules of yielding whether there is an actual sign or not.
I get it, when it is almost your turn, you look to the left as well (to see if it's clear) because it is natural.
Step 2: when there is only one car in front of you, and you are actually moving, again only watch the car in front of you.
Step 3: when he goes, only watch the car in front of you until he has actually gone and joined traffic.

People like to assume that the car in front of you will go so then you automatically gun it to follow and then the front car ends up unable to go and quickly hits the brakes hard; you can't do the same and BAMMM!! You can't drive forward and look at oncoming cars at the same time. You are begging for a BAMMM!!! A long time ago in a prior Accord someone did this exact thing to me and they BAMMMed right into me.

TL;DR a lot of BAMMMs :)

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
Damn man. I'm on the same boat. I know excatly how you feel.

·
Registered
123 Posts

All good points! Been driving like this for many years here in Miami. So many accidents have happened by drivers who do not fully commit to the turn once they have started off. Having drove in my job of many years moving to different locations, my company stressed safety and would rather have you late to a job location, or work slow during a dangerous task than have accidents. Folks will set you up driving a company vehicle too, box you in a jam a brake to cause a rear ender for insurance law suits. Sorry for the damage to your vehicle, glad you're ok also..

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,397 Posts
i nearly witnessed an accident cause not one, but two drivers nearly ran a red light as i was coming off the highway. nearly t-boned the truck that was the first one to go on green.

this happened this evening after returning from MS.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts