Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I installed my 10' JL sub along with my Alpine 500w amp. The install was easy. I used a LOC hooked to the back speakers and unplugged the ANC from behind the dash. My problem is once my volume goes up past 12 the sub gets lower and lower, but at volume 12 the sub is loud. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
462 Posts
This is typical with factory stereos. They bring the bass down when the volume goes up so you don't blow the factory speakers. I recommend using an Audio Control LC7I LOC. It has bass correction. As you turn the volume up it will add bass to the system. I have one and have great bass control all the way up to 40

·
Registered
462 Posts
Look for anything from Audio Control with bass restoration. Heck, $150 is a good deal. I paid about $190

·
Registered
22 Posts
A AudioControl LC2i will work just fine if you are only running a sub. Had one in my Acura. :thmsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a sub in my 2014 Sport and I do not have any bass roll-off at any level. My factory radio settings are flat (bass and treble in the middle). SVC is OFF. I have the ANC disconnected and the sub hooked up to an Alpine ere-g190 using the rear speaker signals. As far as I know the Alpine does not provide any bass restoration. It functions as a LOC, crossover, equalizer, and volume control. Also, I did not hear any noticable roll-off when I tested the front factory speakers by themselves.

Note: The Sport model does not come with a factory amp like the higher trim levels.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a sub in my 2014 Sport and I do not have any bass roll-off at any level. My factory radio settings are flat (bass and treble in the middle). SVC is OFF. I have the ANC disconnected and the sub hooked up to an Alpine ere-g190 using the rear speaker signals. As far as I know the Alpine does not provide any bass restoration. It functions as a LOC, crossover, equalizer, and volume control. Also, I did not hear any noticable roll-off when I tested the front factory speakers by themselves.

Note: The Sport model does not come with a factory amp like the higher trim levels.
Isnt the Alpine ere-g190 like 15 years old?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it works that's awesome :thmsup:

LC2i is $99 most places but I have seen it for $69 on sale.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is typical with factory stereos. They bring the bass down when the volume goes up so you don't blow the factory speakers. I recommend using an Audio Control LC7I LOC. It has bass correction. As you turn the volume up it will add bass to the system. I have one and have great bass control all the way up to 40
Can you snap a photo of your LC7i knobs so I can get an idea of where to set mine? Also, did you find the clipping point of the head unit?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I will pop a pic up in a bit. It may not do any good because our amps are different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts