Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I decided to change his stock bulbs to the more yellow Nokya 2500k bulbs. Here's a quick tutorial to assist on changing them out in what we found to be the quickest and easiest way of changing those bulbs. Overall it took about 5-10 minutes to do both sides and take pictures along the way.

Things you'll need
1. Philips screw driver
2. Flathead screw driver
3. Recommend Gloves because you may accidentally touch the bulbs and you'll see where and why.

Passenger Side (Easiest)
1. Start by turning your wheel all the way to the left.

2. From here you'll see two screws to be removed. I broke the one on top for both sides because I was a little annoyed. My fault but easy to replace so take your time on them.

3. From here all you need to do is pull the lining towards the wheel and hold it in place. Don't worry damaging it, I was able to bend it almost at a 90 degree angle and it went back into shape without issues.

4.You can see the bulb from here and all you need to do is disconnect the connector and twist the bulb out and replace it with your new bulb. Then remember to reattach the connector. Finally just push the lining back in and replace the necessary screws and you're done on this side!

Drivers Side
1. Same deal as the passenger side. Turn the wheel this time towards the passenger side.

2. Remove the two screws located next to the wheel.

3. Now you'll need to go under the car directly below the headlight and locate these two screws/clips. To remove them insert a flat head into one of the openings and pull straight down and it should come off in two pieces. You can see one partially removed already.

4. Now to remove the bumper. To do so grab the corner closest to the wheel and pull towards you gently. You'll hear popping sounds but it's the clips releasing from the car.

5. Here's an additional picture to show how the clips look like and be cautious of how far you can pull your bumper. We were able to pull it about 7 inches away from the car without issue.

6. Finally you can see the light bulb. The easiest method I found was to disconnect the bulb first then replace the new one in. As noted before don't forget to reconnect the bulb! Then all you need to do is push the bumper clips back into place and replace the necessary screws/clips and you should be done.

Here's the finished product.

And the victims of being impatient.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There's an easier way in the owner's manual. You remove one screw underneath and one screw behind a plastic panel and the whole fog light housing comes out.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I did it the hard way, I removed the entire bumper to swap out the light bulb, but then I also added the wire mesh for the lower grille to protect the AC condenser...2 birds, 1 stone.

·
Registered
514 Posts
From what I saw around the forum it requires a jack to get under the car and its a really tiny screw and you don't want to loosen it too much?
It's not as bad as it sounds. You just need to loosen the screw and the plastic housing slides right out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So I tried to get my HID's in the fogs this afternoon.

OP i tried it your way, and ran into the windshield washer container, on the passenger side, and wasn't able to get enough room to get my hands in to safely install my ballasts with just the fender.

as a result I Tried to remove the bumper just enough like you did on the driver side and ended up cracking the first tab closest to the wheel well.

can you explain how you're supposed to "pull" on the bumper to release it from the clips?
i thought it was just apply some pressure and it would come off but once i felt it crack i let go... and didn't want to break it any further. luckily right now it still holds in place pretty since the the two self tapping screws keep the bumper attached to the fender nicely.

i also tried removing the foglight housing as per the instruction guide but could not for the life of me pop the housing off....

does anyone have a video of doing an HID foglight install on the sedan anywhere?

While i appreciate the pictures you posted, I'm a little weary on the pulling on the bumper in order to get more room to work with.

is there a way for me to access the fog lights from under the vehicle if i have it up on a hoist?

I was able to sort of "bend" the underbody panels a bit but wasn't sure if anyone has installed foglights with this method and recommends it as an easy option, given the availability of a hoist?

·
Registered
103 Posts
So I tried to get my HID's in the fogs this afternoon.

OP i tried it your way, and ran into the windshield washer container, on the passenger side, and wasn't able to get enough room to get my hands in to safely install my ballasts with just the fender.

as a result I Tried to remove the bumper just enough like you did on the driver side and ended up cracking the first tab closest to the wheel well.

can you explain how you're supposed to "pull" on the bumper to release it from the clips?
i thought it was just apply some pressure and it would come off but once i felt it crack i let go... and didn't want to break it any further. luckily right now it still holds in place pretty since the the two self tapping screws keep the bumper attached to the fender nicely.

i also tried removing the foglight housing as per the instruction guide but could not for the life of me pop the housing off....

does anyone have a video of doing an HID foglight install on the sedan anywhere?

While i appreciate the pictures you posted, I'm a little weary on the pulling on the bumper in order to get more room to work with.

is there a way for me to access the fog lights from under the vehicle if i have it up on a hoist?

I was able to sort of "bend" the underbody panels a bit but wasn't sure if anyone has installed foglights with this method and recommends it as an easy option, given the availability of a hoist?
The right side is easy the left is the monster side I removed the wheel well cover disconnected battery there is a screw underneath the battery holder that holds that humongous bottom portion of the air filter intake lower portion in place on the left side the other bolt is close to the bumper side those screws hold it in place remove those and the entire portion of the air intake box will come out. that how I did mine a few days ago with no broken clips because I didn't have to take my bumper off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The right side is easy the left is the monster side I removed the wheel well cover disconnected battery there is a screw underneath the battery holder that holds that humongous bottom portion of the air filter intake lower portion in place on the left side the other bolt is close to the bumper side those screws hold it in place remove those and the entire portion of the air intake box will come out. that how I did mine a few days ago with no broken clips because I didn't have to take my bumper off.
how did you access the right side then? was the windshield washer fluid not slightly in your way?

i honestly plan to just take this to the shop and have it lifted on the hoist.
does anyone know if it's actually NOT possible to change the lights by removing the underbody panel? and just doing it all from underneath?

·
Registered
15 Posts
how did you access the right side then? was the windshield washer fluid not slightly in your way?

i honestly plan to just take this to the shop and have it lifted on the hoist.
does anyone know if it's actually NOT possible to change the lights by removing the underbody panel? and just doing it all from underneath?
This is my car, I'm his brother. You said that when you were trying to pull your bumper out the tab cracked it half or broke..Mine did too, but it's fine because of the self tapping screw, it'll hold your bumper in place so no worries, It's a very easy change, try having someone with you to hold open the bumper as your reach your arm inside to change the bulb it will help a lot. Also the windshield washer fluid tank wasn't in our way.

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
I'll be installing my hid fogs tomorrow, kinda freaking out now

headlights were cake I should of known

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is my car, I'm his brother. You said that when you were trying to pull your bumper out the tab cracked it half or broke..Mine did too, but it's fine because of the self tapping screw, it'll hold your bumper in place so no worries, It's a very easy change, try having someone with you to hold open the bumper as your reach your arm inside to change the bulb it will help a lot. Also the windshield washer fluid tank wasn't in our way.
Joining the club here. cracked first tab but there is a screw so not worried.
passenger was cake. I now have yellow fog light bulbs and i can remove the bumper now if i have too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Joining the club here. cracked first tab but there is a screw so not worried.
passenger was cake. I now have yellow fog light bulbs and i can remove the bumper now if i have too.
Not sure why everyone felt the need to remove the fender liner and bumper cover. The instructions in the OM show you how to remove the set screw from underneath, and the fog light housing slides out the front. I used the same procedure on the driver and passenger side. I had both sides R&R in about 15 mins. What took a couple of extra minutes was boring out the bulb holes so the LEDs would fit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure why everyone felt the need to remove the fender liner and bumper cover. The instructions in the OM show you how to remove the set screw from underneath, and the fog light housing slides out the front. I used the same procedure on the driver and passenger side. I had both sides R&R in about 15 mins. What took a couple of extra minutes was boring out the bulb holes so the LEDs would fit.
I tried it this way as well but couldnt loosen the housing for the life of me.... I was also worried about losing the screw holding the housing?

Any idea if its necessary to jab the screwdriver in the slot to actually remove it or can i just pull?

Secondly am i supposes to pulll on the clear housing or the black panel surrounding the housing?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I tried it this way as well but couldnt loosen the housing for the life of me.... I was also worried about losing the screw holding the housing?

Any idea if its necessary to jab the screwdriver in the slot to actually remove it or can i just pull?

Secondly am i supposes to pulll on the clear housing or the black panel surrounding the housing?
You gently pry the black panel surrounding the fog light. There is another screw underneath that you remove. The fog light housing comes right out.
Just use a magnetic screw driver. You won't lose a screw that way.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts