Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im very new to modifying cars but I bought some ESR Sr04 19x9.5 front and 19x10.5 back, offset is +22, (my car is a 2013 accord sport sedan) I got these at a good deal with new tires, so the car has a poke fitment which i don't mind but now it rubbs when I hit any bump or uneven road/pot holes, and i don't know if buying some springs or coilovers would get rid of the problem. I've also heard of rolling the fenders, occasionally I would have some friends in the car but if someone over 200lbs get in it, it will literally hit on anything.
Appreciated the help guys

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lowering is going to take away from your clearance. Depending where it rubbing rolling the fenders might help. An alignment may also help a bit too.

·
Turbo lag
1,050 Posts
Depending on how much it pokes out, your best route may just be selling the wheels and get new ones. If it pokes out too much, even rolling fenders wont help. If you have a picture, that may help.

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Everyone is missing info. We don't know if he's running any suspension mods as it wasn't mentioned. We don't know the tire size on these wheels. My assumption is he's on stock suspension and the tire size is 235/40 which would also contribute to the rubs and super poke he has. Before we keep taking stabs at the "problem", these questions need to be answered:

What suspension mods, if any, do you have?

What tire size are you running on those wheels?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lowering is going to take away from your clearance. Depending where it rubbing rolling the fenders might help. An alignment may also help a bit too.
Thanks for the reply, i don't think of lowering the car more, I just thought maybe putting stiffer springs/coilovers, I don't know like I said I'm new to this.
Depending on how much it pokes out, your best route may just be selling the wheels and get new ones. If it pokes out too much, even rolling fenders wont help. If you have a picture, that may help.
View attachment 525910 View attachment 525911 View attachment 525912 View attachment 525911
Everyone is missing info. We don't know if he's running any suspension mods as it wasn't mentioned. We don't know the tire size on these wheels. My assumption is he's on stock suspension and the tire size is 235/40 which would also contribute to the rubs and super poke he has. Before we keep taking stabs at the "problem", these questions need to be answered:

What suspension mods, if any, do you have?

What tire size are you running on those wheels?
I'm running stock suspension and the Tire sizes is 225/40 front and 245/40 back, one thing I forgot to mention is that the back is the only part it rubbs.

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Based off what you're saying, the rear tires are just a tad too big and the offset is hurting you. To pull off that rear fitment, you would need a decent set of coilovers and lower your car to have the fenders cover about half the sidewall, roll and maybe pull your quarter panels (good possibility of this) and run somewhere from -5 to -6 degrees of camber. If you're willing to do that, stick with what you have. If that sounds like too much, cut your losses and sell those wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based off what you're saying, the rear tires are just a tad too big and the offset is hurting you. To pull off that rear fitment, you would need a decent set of coilovers and lower your car to have the fenders cover about half the sidewall, roll and maybe pull your quarter panels (good possibility of this) and run somewhere from -5 to -6 degrees of camber. If you're willing to do that, stick with what you have. If that sounds like too much, cut your losses and sell those wheels.
Alright thanks for the help

I just put some rubber spacers on my springs a couple days ago and that actually seemed to help it didn't lift my car maybe only a quarter of an inch which is literally nothing but it did kind of stiffen up the springs just a tad we're now the regular bumps and dips the road has when I would go to work it now doesn't hit and I can drive normally again and not have to drive 20 mph, so now I'm thinking maybe just putting some decent coilovers that are stiff enough may actually help my problem and be able to keep the wheels, what you guys think?

Also one of my friends suggested maybe putting fender flares on the car since the wheels are wide, he did say we would have to cut into the fender but obviously cutting into the fender it would remove that problem overall since now it would be inside the fender like it should be.
But that's just a thought everyone's giving me their opinions and thoughts and I'm just going through them and see what's probably more convenient for me so thanks a lot for the help guys.

·
Legitimate hack
1,673 Posts
Spring spacers? Get rid of those before something stupid happens while driving down the road. It is 2020 after all so its bound to happen. Seems you're dead set on keeping these wheels. Its your wallet. Also, your friend is a moron. You don't need flares for the offset you're running. You obviously didn't pay attention to what I told you. To do what your friend suggests (moronic btw) requires cutting, yes but it also requires pie cutting your inner fender, welding it to the outer fender, seam sealing everything and then bolting on those fender flares. After that obscene amount of money is spent, your wheels will fit but then when you put on coilovers and let camber do its thing, your wheels will be sunk in, not flush and you'll hate yourself for ruining your car over cheap wheels. Again, its your wallet but if you want to continue down this rabbit hole, its on you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts