Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo, I couldn't wait and had to take this great deal.

$320 total. The guy gave me a great deal! I looked up the parts and Two Magnaflow tips @ $115 each and $80 each Magnaflow mufflers. That's $390 parts ONLY. But somehow he charged me $320 for everything (he ordered the parts by phone in front of me with pictures and part #. YES, the custom Y-split, tips and mufflers are all BRAND NEW parts. I get to keep the OEM muffler too.

I wanted deep and throaty, No raspy, thats what I got :D... Let me know what you guys think. :)

Please watch it with quality headphones or speakers, will sound much better. My iphone 4S and sony laptop speakers does not make it sound good

MAGNAFLOW

Muffler part # : 11365
Tips part #: 35171

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent - can you post the exact part #'s for everything turn key and where to get it?

I'll order it tomorrow...
Awesome! I updated the 1st post, it's under the video.

I have no clue where he ordered the parts from because he called someone he knows over phone.

You can buy parts from amazon, which is sold by Magnaflow company.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
custom Y split ? from where? and I'm confused what you did - did you go to a local tech/garage and he made all this work?
Yeah, the guy has his own shop. Him and he buddy made/weld the Y-split in the shop.. I'll take of the piping in the morning or afternoon.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you ordered in the magnaflow muffs and tips, and had him fabricate the rest? and he welded the pass side hangar?
He ordered the parts, not me. He called someone(no clue who) and ordered it. Yes he and his buddy fabricated the rest and welded on hanger.

Basically my original plan was to bring parts to a custom shop. I found this guy via google lol... I visit him last Saturday, let him check car out, told him I wanted deep, throaty, and no raspy, needs hanger, and theres already a cutout. I asked him a ballpark estimate. He said $300. He told me to come back on Monday last week (he was actually closed but doing welding for his gf).

I came back, he checked the car again, went inside, showed me what tip will look good and muffler, then ordered the parts. And told me $320 to cover the shipping.

Maybe he saw that I'm young so didn't charge me a lot? I dunno, but I'm not complaining at all :D

·
乌龙队
53 Posts
Oh man, dual exhausts really complement the Accord design a lot. I need to get into the 2 piece gang! Sounds great! No neighbor complains so far? haha

·
Retired from Car Biz....
7,282 Posts
you got raped on the price.... shoulda gotten the 14832's for like 85 bucks and it looks way better than those
14832 is not what I want for the tip....This looks nice and very close to stock, I'm going with these...gonna black out the mufflers before mounting...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you got raped on the price.... shoulda gotten the 14832's for like 85 bucks and it looks way better than those

I was looking into that too. But the round tip doesn't match the cutout and looks better with oval tips. I think I got a great deal since if I buy parts myself, it'll cost $390 just parts only.

Oh man, dual exhausts really complement the Accord design a lot. I need to get into the 2 piece gang! Sounds great! No neighbor complains so far? haha
Thanks! I just got them done yesterday. I highly doubt they'll complain. It's a Deep rumble/throaty sound. If it was raspy like those fart cans then maybe they will lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
This looks awesome. Great job OP. I'm hoping that guy has a twin in Chicago who will match pricing.

·
Registered
184 Posts
you must be stoked on looks alone, cause single exhaust just looks so uneven. sounds great, and cant beat that price!! good show

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all!

Here are some pictures:
45* Angle

ImageUploadedByAG Free1367456295.556826.jpg

Straight down

ImageUploadedByAG Free1367456351.470146.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1367456376.792620.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1367456401.153068.jpg