Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock wheels are 17x7.5 with 215/55 tires. I want taller tires that will fill the wheel well more, and add even more cushion to an already decently comfortable ride. With the stock wheels and suspension, how tall of a tire profile could I install without any rubbing?

Some examples (mild to extreme):

Size Diameter Width Diameter Variance
215/55 26.31" 8.46" 0 (stock)
225/55 26.74" 8.86" 1.65%
235/55 27.18" 9.25" 3.29%
225/60 27.63" 8.86" 5.01%
225/65 28.52" 8.86" 8.38%

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would look a little weird IMO
How is it any more wierd than a stock I4 with a CVT rolling on lightweight 19s and racing tires? Either way you go, it's an accord not a performance vehicle. I plan to make my car as ultra luxury feeling as possible, hence the desire for a super comfy ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How is it any more wierd than a stock I4 with a CVT rolling on lightweight 19s and racing tires? Either way you go, it's an accord not a performance vehicle. I plan to make my car as ultra luxury feeling as possible, hence the desire for a super comfy ride.
There are quiet a few accords out there that have the capability to take out "performance" vehicles.

Any who, I think that maybe focus less on the already decently sized tire and more on the tire wall stiffness

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are quiet a few accords out there that have the capability to take out "performance" vehicles.
I agree that a properly tuned V6 has some great performance potential and did not mean to offend any fellow Accord owners. I was referring to my stock I4 with the CVT, especially after adding my 230lb self, a 15" subwoofer with a huge box, lots of CLD and MLV tiles, etc. It can be peppy, but is definately not a sports car in any stretch of the imagination.

Any who, I think that maybe focus less on the already decently sized tire and more on the tire wall stiffness
I am not as versed as I should be in tires, so how do I tell which ones have better comfort versus the stock Goodyear Assurance Fuex Max? I was not looking for taller tires for style, but rather for the extra comfort that I thought they would bring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts