Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new, never used a forum. I've got a 2013 Honda Accord Sport Sedan. Trying to find a smoke hood protector/bug guard. I don't want the kind that goes all the way across the hood. Just the kind that fits in the middle - like between the headlights on the hood. I've seen them on new accords, but can't find where to buy them. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
How is this?

2013 Sport - Basque Red something something.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
mine side on. I have the OEM one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That's what I'm looking for. Where did you get it? Thanks!
My local custom shop ordered it for me from AVS. No tape etc. Four plastic tabs were removed from the top seal and replaced with SS screws and rubber washers:

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Looks nice. Have you noticed any additional wind noise from this?

Nope. I did on my last accord. There are these little rubber things on it to prevent wind noise and vibration.

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
Nope. I did on my last accord. There are these little rubber things on it to prevent wind noise and vibration.
Cool, thanks bro.

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
Here's a pic of the AVS shield on my black Sport. $53.99 from Amazon with free shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's a pic of the AVS shield on my black Sport. $53.99 from Amazon with free shipping.
Looks very good,

If you had a minute, could you measure how tall the AVS Shield is, meaning how many inches it covers up the front of the hood top to bottom. 90% of all of my rock chips are right on the front nose. I have repaired them all, but want to keep it nice looking.

Thanks is advance.

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
I bought this one for that exact reason. I had one small chip at the very edge (where it starts to turn down), two weeks after purchase. Put this on when it arrived 4 days later and not a single chip since. I've had it on for about six weeks now. It's approx 3.75 inches from too to bottom in the middle. I'm happy with it so far.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just ordered one. $32.39 shipped from autoanything

1 - 20 of 27 Posts