Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Accorders,

I'm sorry in advance if this question has been asked before, but I looked and I couldn't find any thread about it.

I bought two pairs of the Kicker 40CS654 - 100W speakers, before I go ahead and install them into my 2013 Accord LX 4DR I just want to check if there is any problem to install them without an amp?

Will that burn my head unit? or the speakers will not give me the best sound? or what? I'm confused :(

Thanks a lot people!:lmao:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Add an Alpine KTP-445u. Adding speakers won't really help u seeing the amount of wattage output is the biggest issue

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would strongly recommend using an amp. The stick head unit only puts out maybe 5-7 watts rms. not nearly enough to make those kickers move. I tried it for kicks when I put in my polks and it sounded horrible. Only did it for about 2 minutes to see. I even have the premium amped system. Still sounded horrible.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i wouldnt suggest using aftermarket speakers unless you are also using an amp.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem is I don't know how to install the amp, I might need to disassemble the head unit? I think?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Wish i cud piss 93 octane
40 Posts
I don't suggest experimenting on how to install it. pay to get it done professionally if you are really not sure that you will be able to do it yourself

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't suggest experimenting on how to install it. pay to get it done professionally if you are really not sure that you will be able to do it yourself

That's what I was thinking to do, I thought it's easy like installing a sub but it's not :(

·
Wish i cud piss 93 octane
40 Posts
Don't go to best buy or big name shops for installation. What ever product these guys on the forums suggest, get it online from Amazon etc. And then call your local shops to hustle a good deal for instalation.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't go to best buy or big name shops for installation. What ever product these guys on the forums suggest, get it online from Amazon etc. And then call your local shops to hustle a good deal for instalation.

Yes that's right. I bought these from crutch field

1 - 10 of 10 Posts